PDA

View Full Version : Larry Merchant/George Foreman

07-22-2002, 09:42 AM
When will HBO finally wake up and can these two has beens.Foreman is punch drunk and Larry Merchant obviously has had too many Acid trips,a real space cadet.The last two major fights these guys have done have bordered on insanity.Lampley must be in hell.

07-22-2002, 11:24 AM
I agree, Foreman and Merchant suck. I dont think George is punchdrunk, he just has nothing to say. Merchant is so smug he makes me sick. His comments are pure drivel that he seems to think are brillient and insightful.

07-22-2002, 01:29 PM
One of my favorite boxing fantasies is this. Tyson loses a fight in which Merchant is the announcer. Merchant enters the ring to interview Tyson then Tyson beats up Merchant and bites his ear out. I think this is very possible given that Tyson has always avoided post-fight interviews with Merchant out of pure irritation. This would be the day I'll give boxing the respect it deserves.

07-23-2002, 06:13 AM
I've been thinking this for years in both people. But alot of times it makes me laugh when George says something really stupid in the middle of the fight and Lampley questions him on it. Then George tries to explain his nonsense. Pretty funny. And Merchant's post fight interviews and closing statements after fights has had me and my friends laughing for years also. We always look at each other after he says his wacky words then laugh.

07-23-2002, 06:40 PM