PDA

View Full Version : Pay off or fold here?

LockLow34
09-01-2004, 02:12 AM
Live 3/6 LHE
Table loose passive
6 see the flop, unraised

I'm in MP with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I think this is an excellent situation to slowplay.

UTG bets out. I see him as a solid player so could have KQ or QJ, something like that.

I call

MP+1 calls (he's loose-passive unless he's got a lock hand then he'll raise, and but he literally could have anything right now)

Everyone else folds

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Cool, I'm full. But UTG checks so I bet. MP+1 calls. UTG calls.

River: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

uh-oh. I have at least one of them on a queen and I'm now sure I'm beat.

Sure enough, UTG bets.

Now this is where I wonder, should I pay off, considering the player behind me could have a Q as well? Or should I fold, certain that I'm beat?

Results in white:
<font color="white">I folded out. Right when I folded, MP+1 raised and UTG just called. Sure enough, both UTG and MP+1 showed a queen for queens full and split the pot. </font>

Eihli
09-01-2004, 02:15 AM
You say UTG is a solid player, does that mean weak-tight/tight-passive? Because most people I call solid would be tthe turn here with a Q. What's the pot, about 7 BB? Possibly face a raise behind you? I think I'd fold here, only because the pot isn't huge and you have a read on UTG as beaing tight-passive.

j0n_blayze
09-01-2004, 02:19 AM
tough. id call if i could read that the guy after you is about to fold. the way the turn is played may suggest that utg may possibly have something other than the Q. i think the slowplay was a smart idea since you want all those overcalls on the drawless board.