PDA

View Full Version : All-in on hand 1

Ms 45
09-01-2004, 01:27 AM
1st hand of Paradise 20+2

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, I go all-in with Ac Ah UTG+2

P.S. I wouldn't have pushed in if it wasn't the first hand.

SmileyEH
09-01-2004, 01:31 AM
I especially like it if you get AA on the second hand of the tournament.

-SmileyEH

Profit
09-01-2004, 04:47 AM
I did the same thing with KK a few months back (all in first hand), everyone folded and i flashed the kings. Everyone is like, well at least we know who the weak link at the table is etc etc. Maybe it was stupid, but it sure set the atmosphere and i went on to win that particular SNG.

Jibs
09-01-2004, 05:39 AM
Thought i'd share this one with you all. ist hand of a 10+1. I am BB and look down at rockets. UTG+1 raises to 100 no callers i re-raise to 500, half hoping half fearing him flashing the cowboys. He calls. Flop comes down 2h4s4d. I don't put him on trip 4's, just presuming he raised text-book style 5xBB with as i say the cowboys. Anyway i go all in for my remaining 1000. He calls to which i am now chuffed and then i am shocked to see QsTs!!!! Where do these maniacs come from?? Anyway can you guess what happens next? runner runner spades on turn and river to give him his Queen high flush and i am out first hand!! To make matters worse the turn and river were 3s5s to give me a straight and almost a straight flush!!!

I have seen so many postings about should you risk your whole tourney with AA 1st hand. This is more revelant for the WSOP big one etc but this has confused me even more!!

Anyway - made me laugh!!