PDA

View Full Version : 20-40 problem

08-27-2002, 01:41 AM
Folded to the button, who raises. Button is a tight, not that aggressive player who I don't fear. He probably has something, but it doesn't need to be amazing.

I have A8o in the sb. I just call, as does the bb. Possibly I should raise, to lock out the bb, but I like having the option to checkraise on the flop.

Flop comes KT8 rainbow. I checkraise, as planned. Anyone think this is too aggressive? Both players call, and now I'm done with the hand unless I improve.

Which I promptly do with a turn 8. I bet, bb folds, button calls the turn and the river, my hand was good.

Where do you play this differently?

- target

08-27-2002, 03:03 AM

08-27-2002, 03:03 AM

08-27-2002, 03:10 AM
I love checkraising on the flop. It is way more likely to scare someone than three-betting preflop, then betting the turn. Same amount of money, but the person is much more worried on the turn than on the flop.

- target

08-27-2002, 03:24 AM
If the preflop raiser is tight-passive like you say, it's an easy fold, because you could easily be dominated. You said it yourself that he probably has something, so you have no reason to put in more money out of position against a tight player, with nothing in the pot.

08-27-2002, 03:34 AM
If you're saying that because of who is on the button and how they raised, that you're ready to checkraise any flop, and that you'll like your ace-high when the BB folds on the flop and the button just calls, then I like your thinking, a lot.

Otherwise I like reraising or folding preflop.

Tommy

08-27-2002, 04:41 AM
I love checkraising on the flop

This love of yours has you making poor pre-flop decisions.

08-27-2002, 05:18 AM
"Flop comes KT8 rainbow. I checkraise, as planned. Anyone think this is too aggressive? Both players call, and now I'm done with the hand unless I improve"

it's clear to me that your thinking on this hand is excellent.

post a tougher hand next time.