PDA

View Full Version : JJ

what
09-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB

manwhoonlyeats
09-01-2004, 04:02 AM
This is how i'd play it.

kenewbie
09-01-2004, 04:58 AM
A case could be made for raising the turn when you pick up your open ended straight draw. By doing that and then checking behind on the river if you dont get it, you will win one more bet when your straight comes and the result will be exactly the same if it doesnt come.

k

zuluking
09-01-2004, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A case could be made for raising the turn when you pick up your open ended straight draw. By doing that and then checking behind on the river if you dont get it, you will win one more bet when your straight comes and the result will be exactly the same if it doesnt come.

k

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. But is it worth the bet against just one player?

btspider
09-01-2004, 10:52 AM
My first thought is to call the flop 3-bet and raise the turn (even if you didn't hit an OESD). I want SB to fold a single overcard if he's got one. Depending on the river card, bet or take the free showdown.. but be inclined to bet if you are not 3-bet on the turn.

LowDown22
09-01-2004, 11:53 AM
I like Hero's line in this hand.

I don't like a turn raise because of the chance BB will reraise, coupled with SB's apparent flush draw, tainting 3 of hero's outs.

RustedCorpse
09-15-2004, 06:08 AM
I think the turn raise is correct actually, but I don't know if I have the gonads for it. If it's a thinking opponent he's going to bet top pair thinking you were raising an overcard/flush draw... maybe?