PDA

View Full Version : KK and a lotta action

zimmer879
09-01-2004, 12:27 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)- no reads

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ???

I know this is Party 2/4, but am I doomed to pay off AA and/or QQ?

David BB
09-01-2004, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
am I doomed to pay off AA and/or QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its certainly not easy to fold an overpair in a pot this large - so I'd say yes.

sthief09
09-01-2004, 12:36 AM
I wouldn't fold the flop. I'm torn between capping and leading the turn, folding to a raise, or just calling here, calling a cap, then seeing what happens on the turn. SB's check-3-bet does scream of QQ but the pot is too big to just assume he has what he's representing.

the only thing that's really concerning me here is that if you make a set, JT will make a straight, and people love staying in big pots with JT, so I would't be surprised if MP or the CO has it. I think I'd just call the flop, and see if it gets capped. if it does, then I'll probably fold to SB's bet on the turn. the only way I'll see the river is if I think it'll cost me 1 BB on the turn to do so.

joker122
09-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Gosh...i just spent like 10 minutes writing a reply in which i attempted to prove that folding the flop for 2 bets is correct because you have to be up against AA or QQ given the preflop action etc. But that just seems ridiculous for some reason. Cap the flop. Bet turn if checked to, fold to a raise or CR. If SB leads the turn call but fold to a raise from MP. blah.

I haven't played 2/4 in a while so I'm probably not the best person to be giving advice here.