PDA

View Full Version : Shiner

LondonBroil
09-01-2004, 12:11 AM
I forget the kids name, but the one who always gets up and yells "JA!" (or "DA!") whenever he wins a hand. Did anyone notice the mammoth zit he had on the side of his nose? I mean, I've had some bad ones in my day but his was big enough to give it a name!

z32fanatic
09-01-2004, 12:15 AM
Mattias Anderson. He is growing very annoying and I can't wait until he gets knocked out.

LondonBroil
09-01-2004, 12:22 AM
DA! That's him.

tccrocks1
09-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Chris F. seemed more than happy to double through on him tonight. I’m sure he didn’t appreciate how he was going crazy earlier. The kid showed no class at all.

italianstang
09-01-2004, 12:44 AM
The thing looks like a big marble, not one of the regular ones, the big ones, stuck to his face.

screw "the crew"
09-01-2004, 12:50 AM
I don't mind him --- Matusow, Hellmuth, Annie, The Crew, "Planet of the Apes" chick are 1000x more annoying

RowdyZ
09-01-2004, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mattias Anderson. He is growing very annoying and I can't wait until he gets knocked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to tell you but you are going to have to wait until the final table for that.

fsuplayer
09-01-2004, 01:45 AM
Yeah i was interested in seeing him since I played against him in the wsop qualifying tourney for bugsy's, but I agree, he sucks.

annoying, classless, and european, yukk

fsuplayer

CheckRaise
09-01-2004, 02:14 AM
I believe he gets knocked out in 10th place.

Army Eye
09-01-2004, 03:11 AM
Yuck indeed. I'll take Matusow over Mattias at my table any day.

Even when he was AA vs. KQ and playing for a fraction of his stack he makes a huge production out of it...

Odder
09-01-2004, 05:04 AM
he ends up 8th

Trainwreck
09-01-2004, 06:56 AM
8th for 575k, now he can afford to have that looked at....

Here if you want the final 9 + finishes/payouts... *SPOILER ALERT*

http://www.pokerpages.com/pokerinfo/wsop/winners2000s.htm

Good resource...

>TW<

McMelchior
09-01-2004, 08:48 AM
I knew Matthias Anderson a couple of years back through Mark Napolitano's PokerSchoolOnline. Back then Matthias was not only a very good player always topping the school chart (and yes, there were good players and even former pros playing in the school tournies), but also a great comrade contributing many hours of unpaid work to the community by arranging and managing yearly heads-up tourneys etc.

He was - and probably still is - a young and inexperienced Swedish kid, who several times got bashed for his poor English, and displayed great sensitivity over the issue. I don't know what kind of work he did, but I remember he would complain about lack of means to play relatively inexpensive online tourneys.

Poker was legalized in Sweden about 3 years ago, but I can't imagine Matts having spend a lot of time in public poker room. It is very possible that WSOP 2004 was his first journey to the US.

So here we have this young and somewhat insecure boy, who's spent most of his night in front of the computer - first time in the US, first time in a major poker tournament, and he's doing great.

Let's all get together and bash him for his bad skin and his lack of emotional control! After all, isn't that what people from other contries would expect Americans to do?

Disclaimer: This is not an underwriting of PSO. I left it two years ago because of Mark Napolitano's psycho attitude, and I can not recommend it to anyone.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

slickpoppa
09-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Get off your soapbox. Did you see that 21 year old kid going nuts over every hand? I don't care how old Mattias is or what country he is from, he was obnoxious at many times. To celebrate like you just won the superbowl after taking out a small stack against a fraction of your stack is disrespectful.
And why do you have to say: "After all, isn't that what people from other contries would expect Americans to do?" People on this board have been giving Americans like Matusow just as much crap as this kid.

spacemonkey57
09-01-2004, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get off your soapbox. Did you see that 21 year old kid going nuts over every hand? I don't care how old Mattias is or what country he is from, he was obnoxious at many times. To celebrate like you just won the superbowl after taking out a small stack against a fraction of your stack is disrespectful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. I don't care if his name was John Smith and he had skin like a movie star. He's acting like a douchebag. What's the point in falling to your knees screaming in celebration when you bust out a short stack? There's nothing wrong with showing some emotion, but he looks like he's never won a pot before.

hulk3rules
09-01-2004, 11:24 AM
I enjoyed the Hand when he needed a spade but yelled out something like "Ace!!"

Jwasnock
09-01-2004, 12:36 PM
I thought he was entertaining to watch. I don't think he was being intentionally disrespectful, I think he was just an excitable guy that was having fun. He never aimed his emotion AT anyone in particular and when he came back to the table, he was always polite to the guy he beat. What's wrong with celebrating? You're in the running to win $5 million!

Q8offsuit
09-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Was this the same guy with pocket two's (I think) who needed a heart or deuce on the river to win, and kept chanting in a muppet-like voice:

"Heart-Deuce, Heart-Deuce, Heart-Deuce, Heart-Deuce"

The "Heart/Deuce" song he invented is my favorite hilarious moment of the 2004 WSOP and seriously deserves its own thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif

durron597
09-01-2004, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe he gets knocked out in 10th place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Eighth place. Tenth is Marcel Marcel, and Ninth is Mike McClain.

MEbenhoe
09-01-2004, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong with showing some emotion, but he looks like he's never won a pot before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize it is quite likely that he never had won a live pot before this years WSOP? Give him a break, its not like hes being disrespectful to anyone at the table.