PDA

View Full Version : Would you have folded?

Pirc Defense
08-31-2004, 10:48 PM
I don't get angry at suckouts. I understand why they happen and don't much worry about them. What does bother me a bit, is making a bad fold in a big pot. This seemed like the right thing to do, but it ends up I got semi-bluffed (or whatever) out of this pot. Would you have folded, or played on? If you would have played on, do you call or raise the turn, and then what options look best on the river?

I'll post results later.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.50 BB, between UTG+1 and CO.</font>

Bez
08-31-2004, 10:59 PM
Surely one of these players has a king.

OilMan
08-31-2004, 11:12 PM
You got check raised. I would have called his raise and folded the turn when the 7 of clubs hit (just like you did). Did you have any information on what type of player he was?

He must of flopped 2 pair (probably Q,K) or had T,J for the straight.

Thats my call.

Hurry up and post the results.

StellarWind
08-31-2004, 11:50 PM
The flop checkraise from immediately in front of you suggests that he wants to trap lots of callers. I suggest the following list of likely hands:

JT (0 outs), 99 (0 outs), KQ (3 outs), K9 (5 outs), Q9 (3 outs), x /images/graemlins/diamond.gify /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (about 35 outs)

You also have 5 outs against Kx and some hope that he is totally overplaying/bluffing some strange hand. I think you should call this down because of the pot size. Tough hand.

Victor
08-31-2004, 11:50 PM
You are getting the odds to draw to an A or Q and coupled with the chance that your hand might be good this is a terrible fold.

All-In
09-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Call the turn bet, most likely fold on the river if you don't improve.

tree_stump
09-01-2004, 12:02 AM
I think there's a good enough chance he has A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif x /images/graemlins/diamond.gif that I'd call it down.

Pirc Defense
09-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Villain had QJ and took down the pot.

If the pot had been maybe 3-way, then I might have raised. But with this many callers, I thought surely someone had top pair (a K is surely out there) or better.

That's what I get for folding in large pots. I finally got SSH, and of course after playing this session I get to the part about playing in big pots. Ah kaput!

I think, though, that I'm being results-minded here. I think folding is +EV. One responder was counting my Q's and A's as outs, though I'm not sure that A's are strong outs with this coordinated a board.

During play I did figure my outs, but then decided that I had to discount them quite a bit, and along with the action thus far, decided folding was the right move. Whether it's the right move enough of the time to be +EV...well, that I'm not sure of.

Thanks for the responses.