PDA

View Full Version : Few questions for experienced players.

Airpoaneman
08-31-2004, 09:23 PM
I am doing 23bb/h which is rediculously high for me today, it has been a good rush of cards, but I also have been able to manage the tables where I am not doing too well at which is another reason for the high BB.

When you feel that your cards are done, and people are catching onto you, do you move on?

What do you do if you are running low in one of your tables, say negative 5-10BB. Do you start a new one or put more money in.

What if you have AA, flop is 256, pot is already 8BB, flop is capped, turn is 3-bet, one player left on the river, player bets, raise or call.
He had KK, but i am glad i didnt raise because it would of been trivial.

My BB usually is usually 5-10BB/h. My lowest session for the month was -10BB, only have had 4 losing sessions for the month. But I know that isnt much information to go off because I do not play much actually.

Should I move up if i truely feel that I can beat the limit I am at? I need 200BB before I can have enough to move up and have 300BB at that level.

Would it hurt my Bankroll if I jumped up to see where i truely am at?

This honestly is the first time that I truely want to BUILD up my bankroll, not risk it for the glory. So I can wait as long as it takes to move up.

bdk3clash
08-31-2004, 09:40 PM
You are asking all the wrong questions.

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Airpo,

I know you're pretty young, so I'm actually going to try to put this politely:

Do you want to be an intelligent, mature player & an intelligent, mature member of these forums, or do you want to continue to post threads that show you're not thinking about poker on any kind of rational level? Threads that happen to get overloaded with people's antipathy for you?

When you feel that your cards are done, and people are catching onto you, do you move on?

Your cards are never done. If your style is extreme (towards bluffing or value betting), it's possible that intelligent players would catch on, but at the levels micro covers, it's unlikely that people are catching on to any actual strategy you may or may not be employing.

What do you do if you are running low in one of your tables, say negative 5-10BB. Do you start a new one or put more money in.

Why are you sitting at Table A instead of Table B? You've picked that table, hopefully, for identifiable reasons. If none of those reasons have changed, why would you leave?

What if you have AA, flop is 256, pot is already 8BB, flop is capped, turn is 3-bet, one player left on the river, player bets, raise or call. He had KK, but i am glad i didnt raise because it would of been trivial.

If you want feedback on actual hands, you're going to want to post, say, an actual hand that you've bothered to make legible and that is interesting enough for discussion.

My BB usually is usually 5-10BB/h. My lowest session for the month was -10BB, only have had 4 losing sessions for the month. But I know that isnt much information to go off because I do not play much actually.

On how many tables? At what levels? Over how many hands? I've had periods of 6-tabling where I averaged 10BB/100 over 2000 hands. Guess what? It doesn't mean dick.

Should I move up if i truely feel that I can beat the limit I am at? I need 200BB before I can have enough to move up and have 300BB at that level. Would it hurt my Bankroll if I jumped up to see where i truely am at?

From your previous posts, nothing is going to convince you that you shouldn't be playing higher, so do what you will. Eventually, you'll either take it seriously or perpetually go broke.

MrHorace
09-01-2004, 12:20 AM
I commend Bison's love for the game, and his passion for this forum, to take the time to comment on Airpo's posts. It speaks highly of his character as a professional.
I believe that the only way Airpo may understand what you are trying to say Bison is to move up and experience the situation. At that point, I hope he'll come back and reread this info. I'm not being harsh here, but am hopeful that Airpo can gain an understanding of the game, its nuances,etc.

Mons
09-01-2004, 12:56 AM
MrHorace I'll take care of this for you:

bisonbison will you go out with MrHorace?

Circle one:

Yes/No

But in other news slightly interesting thread. I enjoyed it.

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 01:03 AM
bisonbison will you go out with MrHorace? Circle one: Yes/No

It's funny because you imply that he's romantically interested in me!

btspider
09-01-2004, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bisonbison will you go out with xxxxx?

Circle one:

Yes/No

[/ QUOTE ]

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of yes.

bdk3clash
09-01-2004, 09:37 AM
"I commend Bison's love for the game, and his passion for this forum, to take the time to comment on Airpo's posts. It speaks highly of his character as a professional."

A professional what?

MrHorace
09-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Mons, I think you've confused respect for a person with a romantic interest. Oh well. Whatever. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrHorace
09-01-2004, 01:44 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif I knew that one would get some comments. Glad you picked up on it bdk!! I don't know...a professional enthusiast.

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 01:47 PM
I'm getting creeped out.

sfer
09-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Honestly Peter, I don't know why you bother. As long as he gets responses he'll just continue.

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Because, responding like a nice guy to one of his threads allows me to crap all over the next few ones he posts without feeling a smidge of guilt.

DMBFan23
09-01-2004, 01:55 PM
you misspelled airplane, dumb***

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 01:58 PM
you misspelled airplane, dumb***

dumbass doesn't get censored, dumbass.

bdk3clash
09-01-2004, 03:24 PM
For what it's worth, his screen name on Party is also "Airpoaneman," so if it's a typo, at least he's consistent.

Also, he scored a $1000 win in a Party NLHE multi recently. Vive le short term!

bdk3clash
09-01-2004, 03:31 PM
I don't know why, but I'm totally obsessed with Airpoaneman. I read every post of his. Seriously.

In one of his earliest posts, someone pointed out that his grammar and sentence structure were less-than-perfect. His response is classic:

"...I am sorry I only received a '5' on my AP English Literature Exam, I guess I should had studied more."

Game, set, match!

I love this kid and hope he never goes away.

EDIT: Grammar. D'oh!

btspider
09-01-2004, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why, but I'm totally obsessed with Airpoaneman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really want that to be your 2000th post?

bdk3clash
09-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Sorry.

"Should I raise with JJ preflop? They'll all just call anyway."

sfer
09-01-2004, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you really want that to be your 2000th post?

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING!

bdk3clash
09-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Did I just get served?

kiemo
09-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey guys, abortion - how do you feel? And whats with the war in Iraq. If you are at a restaurant and your bill is 24.54, but you feel the wait staff did a poor job, do you tip and how much? I am bored right now - give me ideas what to do. I meet this girl on saturday night and she gave me her phone number, when do I call her? Dont you guys just hate bad drivers..

Address a topic (singular) in your threads.

sfer
09-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Dunno. But hurry up with your next 496 more and join the club. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lumpy
09-01-2004, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I meet this girl on saturday night and she gave me her phone number, when do I call her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you drinking heavily? Don't bother, she is ugly.
Was she good looking? Don't bother, it's a fake number.

easypete
09-01-2004, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, abortion - how do you feel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
And whats with the war in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

War?

[ QUOTE ]
If you are at a restaurant and your bill is 24.54, but you feel the wait staff did a poor job, do you tip and how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok... this really depends.... do you have any redraws?

[ QUOTE ]
I am bored right now - give me ideas what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Reply to your post.

[ QUOTE ]
I meet this girl on saturday night and she gave me her phone number, when do I call her?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was, indeed, on saturday night, then fold. You're not getting pot odds to call.

[ QUOTE ]
Dont you guys just hate bad drivers..

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I hate almost all drivers... including the Nike forged drivers. I personally use the Cleveland Launcher, 8.5 degree, Graphalloy blue Stiff shaft (of course, pured), Lampkin quarter thread grip.

[ QUOTE ]
Address a topic (singular) in your threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang.... just imagine this as seperate posts.

MrHorace
09-03-2004, 12:00 PM
No lie. I guess we should've just ignored the guy, whoever it was.