PDA

View Full Version : What are the keys to HU NL?

Vannek
08-31-2004, 09:17 PM
This one area I'm currently working on. Online I'm having
trouble with 'outplaying' them once it gets HU.
Its tough to know what their holding so they only thing I can 'read' is the bet size, which can be tricky with some players with weak bets meaning strong or vice-versa(but I'm my experience the strong bet means weak, as the guy is anxious to win so he bets big praying to you fold), so I'm focusing on making standard bets so I dont give any information
But I would like to know from experienced sng players what are they systems once it gets one on one.
I current try to semi-bluff on draws and when I get bad hole cards I generally try to steal to keep him on pressure, then if I he calls and I have a good stack I fire an second barrel again to not let feel confortable any minute, any advice?

SmileyEH
08-31-2004, 11:00 PM
If the BB is greater than 10% of either your or your opponents stack I move in with the top 50 or so percent of my hands and call with the top 20 to 30 percent of my hands.

Usually this is the only strategy you will need and it is very effective in my experience.

-SmileyEH

RobGW
08-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Try this experiment. Go all in on every hand. I am not joking. Do it and see what happens.

LethalRose
08-31-2004, 11:59 PM
the thing to remember about HU is that 50% of the time you have the best hand..if you get any part of the flop be aggressive..if your opponent is aggressive smooth call with big pairs and move in on the flop if you think he hit his pair.

Phill S
09-01-2004, 06:14 AM
somone (Hood???) did a computer model of the optimimum strategy. go all in with the top 70% of hands, and call all in witht he top 30%.

sounds about right. its basicly what i do.

search for it (or maybe someone who isnt about to go out will be kind enough to do it for you), it was discussed a lot on its own thread.

Phill