PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up post on Garnett

IrishHand
08-31-2004, 08:56 PM
I recall a disagreement I had with a few posters a couple of months ago about Garnett. I said he was "an idiot and a thug", and some people freaked out because they think he's "a role model and a good citizen", to quote one poster. ( Old Garnett Thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=695440&For um=f20&Words=garnett&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=69 2944&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=1094&daterange =1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bod yprev=#Post695440))

Now this, from the St. Paul Pioneer Press (re-printed since it requires registration):
[ QUOTE ]
At an informal workout the other day at Target Center, after Timberwolves rookie Rick Rickert made a nifty move to slip past his boyhood idol, Kevin Garnett of the Wolves, to score a basket, Garnett responded, without warning, by punching Rickert in the jaw. A cut required seven stitches to close, and Rickert also suffered a chipped tooth. The astonished 6-10 Rickert didn't retaliate against the 7-foot NBA most valuable player, who also had unkind words for the former Gophers player. Apparently, the rookie wasn't supposed to score on the MVP. Rickert received his stitches at University of Minnesota Hospital. Because the incident involved the Wolves' franchise player, the incident seemingly will make it even more difficult for Rickert to make the Wolves' final roster.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take too much imagination to figure out what those "unkind words" were. There's your "role model and good citizen." /images/graemlins/confused.gif