PDA

View Full Version : JJ vs Limp Reraise...

thirddan
08-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villain is new to table, but seems decent

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font>

Should i go to war on the flop? Should I lead the river and fold to a raise? Other comments?

Prod1gy
08-31-2004, 08:11 PM
I would of capped the flop, I think you played the turn and the river correctly. The check call on the river is a definite since you are probably beat. My guess is he had AK with a flush draw and hit his flush. Tough river for sure. If he has AA you are just very unlucky.

cold_cash
08-31-2004, 11:48 PM
Crappy river card but I wouldn't be surprised if you were ahead until then. Contrary to what a lot of people think, when I see a limp-reraise it usually means something other than AA or KK. You said the guy was decent though, and none of the opponents I've seen limp-reraise have been, however.

I think I probably would have 3-bet the flop and led the turn. If he caps the flop and raises me on the turn I'm ready to slow down (rather than having him 3-bet my turn checkraise).

I don't think I would have the ability to fold to a raise on the river, so I would probably check and call; I still don't have a clue as to what the proper play is on these kind of rivers.