PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Quads, how to maximize...slowplay?

SofaCoach
08-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero????

Whats my move? You should know that this table has been wildly aggressive. MP1 is a confirmed maniac. BB has played reasonably though.

Check? Personally I find it suspicious when the PF raiser checks the flop, it seems like that means the flop hit them hard more often than it means the flop missed them entirely.

Bet? Obviously this is a scary board and the last thing I want is to take the hand down right here.

Oh, and if it matters, this IS a Party jackpot table and the jackpot was over $200,000.

Entity
08-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Bet. You raised preflop, and it'll look odd if you don't bet. If they won't call one now, they won't on the turn for sure. Bet now, hope to get raised, and tie them to the pot.

For reference:

If you bet it, they will call. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=976504&amp;page=4&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1#976504)

Rob

radek2166
08-31-2004, 08:49 PM
And if they got 8's or better the are going to pay to see the turn.

PhatTBoll
08-31-2004, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats my move? You should know that this table has been wildly aggressive

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason to bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and if it matters, this IS a Party jackpot table and the jackpot was over $200,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

No straight flush draw is going to fold here. Bet bet bet.

SofaCoach
09-01-2004, 05:43 PM
I agreed with all the responses. Bet. SSHE was going through my mind "bet in these small stakes games, they will call. That's what they do."

Unfortunately I bet, they both folded. I felt like a dummy at the time for chasing them off, that's why I posted this, to see if others would have slowplayed.

Thanks for the responses.

Entity
09-01-2004, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agreed with all the responses. Bet. SSHE was going through my mind "bet in these small stakes games, they will call. That's what they do."

Unfortunately I bet, they both folded. I felt like a dummy at the time for chasing them off, that's why I posted this, to see if others would have slowplayed.

Thanks for the responses.

[/ QUOTE ]
The general rule I've found is if they won't call on the flop, they'll rarely call on the turn.

Rob