PDA

View Full Version : QQ turn play??

nsj
08-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Early on in a low buy-in NL MTT.
Stacks are still all around 1500. I am right at 1500, having not played or seen the blinds yet.

10/20 blinds. Villain (SB) I believe has me barely covered. He won a small pot earlier.

QQ in MP, 1 limper, I make it 100 to go, SB and BB call(?!), limper folds. I have the button.

Flop comes 68T rainbow. Small blind bets 100, BB calls, I raise to 300, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn is a Jc, making 2 clubs. SB bets out 100 again.
I......... ??

(Is this a set trying to make me hang myself??)

SossMan
08-31-2004, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn is a Jc, making 2 clubs. SB bets out 100 again.
I......... ??

[/ QUOTE ]

you push, silly. His AT is clearly not better than your QQ.
I hammer these stupid little underbets all the time.

Warning: I occasionally walk into turned two pair as well.

Yeti
08-31-2004, 07:56 PM
I've found that when an opponent bets out on the flop, calls your raise, then bets out again on 4th street, they have generally hit two pair.

Although its hard to be 100% sure with a bet this small, I'd put your opponent on JT and lose my chips anyway.

DVO
08-31-2004, 08:02 PM
tough spot.

You're probably behind here ( that has been my bitter experience in such scenarios.)

You've shown strength throughout, and this guy is still coming at you, albeit very weakly on the turn.

A set is the most likely circumstance, and maybe even two pair to a real bad player.

I would call, since he's giving you good odds, and see what the river brings. If you miss & he checks, you're good probably; if you miss and he bets, you've probably lost. If you hit your two -outer, you can nail him.

Plenty of time to recover from this...don't push your QQ any more here.

( FWIW this feels weak tight to write it, but my expereince has been bad in this situation)

ron dogg
08-31-2004, 08:05 PM
I hit it again on the turn. If he calls preflop and on flop all those chips with JT he's gonna get me. If the pot was not raised preflop it's a different ballgame.

gergery
08-31-2004, 08:51 PM
You bet way to little on the flop, make it 600 or so.

On the flop there is 330 in the pot. SB bets 100, which seems weak, BB just calls which is very weak. You bet 300 into a 500 pot, pricing SB in to risk another 200 to win 800, or giving SB 4:1 pot odds plus implied odds. He should call with any hand that that’s worth a mini-bet, and a 98 type hand is not making a mistake in calling you.

Once the J hits, you are more likely to be up against two pair or a straight than a set here, but even more likely you’re up against a goofball with 87 or A8, and there are too many cards that you hate to see. Pot is now 1100 and you have 1100, so push in.

nsj
08-31-2004, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You bet way to little on the flop, make it 600 or so.

On the flop there is 330 in the pot. SB bets 100, which seems weak, BB just calls which is very weak. You bet 300 into a 500 pot, pricing SB in to risk another 200 to win 800, or giving SB 4:1 pot odds plus implied odds. He should call with any hand that that’s worth a mini-bet, and a 98 type hand is not making a mistake in calling you.

Once the J hits, you are more likely to be up against two pair or a straight than a set here, but even more likely you’re up against a goofball with 87 or A8, and there are too many cards that you hate to see. Pot is now 1100 and you have 1100, so push in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead on.
I called, and hated myself for not pushing all-in that split second before the A hit on the river, and he bets 300 into me. Then it was obvious that I had him beat on the turn, and lost it on the river.

Knowing I was beat, and pissed at how I played it, I call and he shows A8 for two pair.

willie
09-01-2004, 09:21 AM
definitely would have put it in on the turn.

i'm relatively certain i have the best hand here, and whatever the person is drawing to, i want it to stop- right now. give him horrible odds on whatever he's goin for and try to pick up what's in the pot.

tough river too.