PDA

View Full Version : making the switch

cockandbull
08-31-2004, 07:33 PM
hi,

i'm currently playing 2/4 nlhe at victor chandler, but would like to switch to limit. i have set aside a br of $1500 for this, but would like to know what levels would be good to start with and if anyone has any links which are worth a look.

what reading would you guys recommend. i currently own top, hpfap, super system, play poker like the pros and the science of poker. is there anymore that i should add.

many thanks for your replys.

cockandbull.

cockandbull
08-31-2004, 07:48 PM
also would joining poker school be of any use.

David BB
09-01-2004, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but would like to know what levels would be good to start with

[/ QUOTE ]
1500$ is fine for 2/4 if you're willing to move down should you start losing. But if you're not quite comfortable playing limit perhaps you should start out at 1/2 or 0.5/1.

[ QUOTE ]
currently own top, hpfap, super system, play poker like the pros and the science of poker. is there anymore that i should add.

[/ QUOTE ]
Small Stakes Hold'em!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably not /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheHip41
09-01-2004, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
play poker like the pros

[/ QUOTE ]

Burn it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phil can come to my limit table and 3-bet me pre flop with 44 all day long.

Derek

sthief09
09-01-2004, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be a member of PSO, and when I was a member, there wasn't much interest in limit, so they didn't cater to the interests of LHE player. that's why I left.

balkii
09-01-2004, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
play poker like the pros

[/ QUOTE ]

Burn it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phil can come to my limit table and 3-bet me pre flop with 44 all day long.

Derek

[/ QUOTE ]

While phil's advice regarding the preflop play of low pairs is slightly off, his postflop recommendation of "raising to find out where you're at" with them is spot on!

TheHip41
09-01-2004, 01:10 AM
He's a one trick pony. Everytime I see him 'teaching', it's about raising to figure out where you are at. Get some new ideas! Or at least find new ways of making an ass out of yourself on national TV. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Derek

cockandbull
09-03-2004, 08:54 AM
would you guys recommend readin any of the poker essays, which are the best?

cockandbull
09-15-2004, 08:14 PM
on the advice of the people that replyed to my post, i have purchased small stakes holdem, plus a couple of books that people didnt recommend. these are lee jones "low limit holdem" and matthew hilgers "internet texas holdem". what do you guys think of the advice in these.

after reading them they seem to have slight differences between the starting hands. which do i use for .50/1.