PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner version of "flopped two pair on icky board..."

MoreWineII
08-31-2004, 04:53 PM
I made that last one a mess but I'm genuinely curious on 2+2 responses so I'm taking a mulligan.

3/6 live. Table is pretty loose passive (with one exception). So passive, in fact, that I'm probably considered the LAG (along with the exception). CO is strange, he raises PF with raising hands sometimes and sometimes he doesn't. I guess he thinks he's "varying up his play". He's moderately aggressive post-flop. Edit: This important to the hand, sandwiched in between myself and the CO is a dealer who is completely LAG. Borderline maniac.

Hero is LP with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 3 limpers, hero calls, LAG calls, CO raises (could be JJ-AA, AQs, AK), BB and limpers call, hero calls, LAG calls.

7 players to the flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to hero who....

A.) Bets.

B.) Check-raises.

C.) Check-calls flop, check-raises turn?

Most of you decided A and..

Hero chooses A. He assumes PF raiser is going to raise and he would like to confront the field with 2 bets cold since the pot is already considered big(?). He's also betting for value as he probably has the best hand at this point.

Hero bets, LAG calls, CO doesn't raise (thanks ) but calls. BB calls, everyone else folds.

Turn is the, you effin' guessed it, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Checked to hero again, hero...?

Ralph Wiggum
08-31-2004, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn is the, you effin' guessed it, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

[/ QUOTE ] Someone guessed that? Anyways, bet.

MoreWineII
08-31-2004, 04:59 PM
The glass is half-empty...always.

Trix
08-31-2004, 05:02 PM
When you are 3 off the button you are in MP, not LP...

a) And bets again.

If someone had a flushdraw you would have noticed very often on the flop. Especially if either of the aggr players had it.

MoreWineII
08-31-2004, 05:06 PM
And here I thought I had it all cleaned up.

Ralph Wiggum
08-31-2004, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The glass is half-empty...always.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought the glass was half-full ... with parasites, bacteria, and others micro-organisms that will eat us from the inside-out.

MtSmalls
08-31-2004, 05:09 PM
You have effectively put the CO on an over pair or AK/Q. With the flop call (rather than raise) I would put him on AK/Q. If so, you are only worried about the other two hands, if you are worried about the flush. Don’t be WT (my problem). Bet. Whether you call a raise depends on who it comes from…

MoreWineII
08-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Half-empty...still with all of the above.

MoreWineII
08-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Here was my thinking, LAG could have anything, but chances are it's not better than my two pair. If he had a OESD/flush draw, he would probably have raised the flop.

CO has overpair or AK, AQ, probably with a heart.

Now...what's my action if LAG raises here? If CO raises?

Ralph Wiggum
08-31-2004, 05:28 PM
Call down and spike your boat.

MoreWineII
08-31-2004, 05:41 PM
LAG and CO both call.

River the oh-so-sexy 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Hero...

A.) Bets & folds to a raise.

B.) Bets & calls a raise.

C.) Check/calls.

?

Ralph Wiggum
08-31-2004, 05:43 PM
C /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MoreWineII
08-31-2004, 06:00 PM
/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Anyone else?

MoreWineII
09-01-2004, 11:07 AM
River was checked around. Hero shows 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for two pair, LAG shows 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the rivered straight, and CO doesn't show.

MHING. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

At least it sounds like I played the hand properly, it really didn't feel right to me at the time, but I suppose the icky feeling was just results-oriented.