PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand, did I slow down too soon?

Rubeskies
08-31-2004, 04:25 PM
Since he made it Triz preflop and the way he played it made me think like he had Aces mores and more. Would anyone else cap this turn and continue pushing on the river?

I had no read on him so I wasn't sure what he was capable of three betting preflop with.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (15.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (21.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.16 BB

InchoateHand
08-31-2004, 04:30 PM
Would he also play this way with AQ, AK? Even A J? JJ? If yes, then you are losing money everytime you don't push your trips. Sometimes he will have AA, but chances are, he will have a hand you beat the majority of the time.
Just my guess.

08-31-2004, 04:31 PM
nevermind, misread hand

Ralph Wiggum
08-31-2004, 04:33 PM
BB calls PF. I think that answers your question.

sluttysteve
08-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Umm, didn't BB call you and UTG+1's preflop raises? Aces seem out of the question.

Doesn't make sense for him to be reraising with KT on the flop, so it looks more like A4 or maybe even a passive AQ to me. Cap the turn and reraise on river!

Rubeskies
08-31-2004, 04:44 PM
You guys are right, he only called preflop.

Chalk this one up to careless multi tableing.

He turned over A4o for two pair and MHIG

tipperdog
08-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I think you did slow up too soon. Now if UTG+1 (the limp-reraiser) were ramming and jamming post flop, I'd be more worried. But he's folded.

The BB's play is bizzare, IMO. With AA, he'd surely have 3-bet pre-flop. With KT, he wouldn't (or shouldn't) 3-bet the flop, opening the door for your predictable cap. Maybe 44? K/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif? A4? The only hand I can imagine him holding that's ahead of you on the turn is K/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif--and that's a longshot. I'd cap the turn and if he comes out firing on the river (after you failed to fill-up), I'd just call there.