PDA

View Full Version : Kxs in Big Blind??

08-24-2002, 05:30 PM
What do you do if you are in a loose wild game, and it’s a raise to you in a multiway pot in the big blind, no fear of a reraise with Kxs or Qxs. I used to think that this was an easy call with Kxs but now that I think about it seems that in order to make this call you are counting quite a bit on your non-flush chances. If its about 8-1 against flopping a flush draw and you only make the draw about 1/3 of the time then you can’t justify calling getting say 13-1 unless you are going to win with top pair sometimes or the extra random chances for two pair and a straight etc. Also while I realize that it will be a good spot to be in if you flop a flush draw against a large field since you are not drawing to the nuts you will sometimes lose. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks In Advance,

James

08-24-2002, 08:31 PM
I usually call with this hand, depending on the number of players, and the nature of the game. Unless I flop a big draw or at least two pair, I muck this hand on the flop.

However, without great drawing odds (many callers) and an easy ride (passive game), you may be in a fair bit of trouble, and might want to muck. In addition to the calculation of making your flush, you need to consider the possibility of making your hand and it not being good (beat by nut-flush). Just don't forget to muck anything but two-pair or better, or a huge draw, on the flop. Top pair will burn your money.

08-24-2002, 09:06 PM
"Top pair will burn your money"

true but you should sometimes see the turn with it (particularly if you have a backdoor draw and top two is unlikely) if you can get there for one bet and there are still enough players in. if you play too tight postflop you will have trouble beating hold em for much, especially if youre playing in games where there are many multiway pots.

if you never ever suck out on the river or turn vs. a good flopped hand then you are probably playing a bit too tight postflop.

08-25-2002, 03:16 AM