PDA

View Full Version : SB hand

08-24-2002, 03:52 PM
15-30, 4 limpers, I limp in the SB with As6s, BB checks. 6 to see the flop.

Flop comes: 4s-6h-10c. I check, checked to an overly aggressive button, who bets, I raise and get heads up with the button who just calls.

The turn is a 9c. Should I follow through and bet right out, or check here? To give some insight, I don't see the button folding here.

08-24-2002, 05:54 PM
NY,

You are in trouble holding a weak hand here with no draw. If you are not already behind you can easily be drawn out on. The only way to prevent this is to bet out and pray (however unlikely) that your opponent folds.

I don't think that I would check-raised the flop against this opponent. Your hand is marginal, you are out of position, you won't be able to push him off his hand, and you will not be able to play it cheaply. My choice would have been to fold.

-- Manzanita

08-24-2002, 05:54 PM
You shouldn't have checkraised the flop unless you thought you had the button beat. If you thought he had top pair or better, you consider calling if you think the pot and future action justifies it. If you thought you had him beat on the flop, the 9 changes nothing and you should bet the turn.

08-25-2002, 08:09 AM
My thinking on the check-raise was to ensure overcards and gutshots would muck. I agree with Dynasty and Manzanita that it was a bad play. That's what prompted the post. My intention was to follow through on the turn should a spade,6 0r Ace hit, and to check-fold otherwise. To my suprise the button checked, and my Ace hit on the river. My hand was good as my opponent showed the K-4 of hearts.

I appreciate the critique, as I don't think I played this well. At the time, it seemed right.