PDA

View Full Version : TT -- good, bad, ugly?

Entity
08-31-2004, 03:15 PM
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

My cap on here was to try to get this head's up with MP2. I didn't know what to make of his post/check/limp re-raise.

Flop: (13 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

SB is a decent player, like I said, but is uber passive without the goods. This usually means he has a straight -- thought about raising here. Bad call? Raise and call a 3-bet? I've got lots of outs...just wasn't sure how to handle this.

River: (12.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Yuck. SB is still betting, I'm tempted to fold but can't bring myself to do it, and MP2 comes to life, most likely meaning he had AK/KQ. I seriously doubt KK, given how fast he slowed down on the flop. Monkey can't realize he's been beaten for a long time. I'm pretty sure I'm beat, but folding this just pains me.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

MP2 just sat down. SB has been playing too many hands, but is decent. Plays too many weak draws, so I like him.

Rob

Sent
08-31-2004, 03:18 PM
Ugly, but not bad play lol. If SB is that passive then you are probably behind on the turn so I wouldn't raise it. Hope the board pairs on the river, you probably have MP2 with his one pair of Kings, but SB is another thing, but he didn't 3-bet the river so there could be hope. But he is passive you say so...I'm guessing you lost out /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Sent