PDA

View Full Version : Set against 4-straight

Octopus
08-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Gaming Club 1/2 (10 seated)

EP1 is a LAG. CO appears to be at least ok; in the 50 hands I've seen he's a bisonbison moneybags (tight, aggressive pre and post flop).

CO posts.

Preflop:Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
2 folds, EP3 calls, 3 folds, CO checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks

Flop: (5SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, EP3 bets, CO calls, Button folds, SB raises, BB folds, EP3 3-bets, CO calls, SB caps, all call.

Turn: (8.5BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, EP3 checks, CO bets, SB calls, EP3 calls.

On the flop, I was counting on EP3 to bet so I could trap the rest for 2 bets. The pot is fairly small, so I am trying to build it rather than knock people out. Was this a mistake?

On the turn, I was originally going to ask if I am a wimp, but the more I look at this, the more certain I am that I am. So, assuming everyone thinks I should bet the turn, would you slow down if EP3 calls and CO raises?

zram21
08-31-2004, 03:11 PM
Just lead out on the flop. Your line worked ok in this hand, but in general you are best just leading out here.

Bet the turn, but you knew that. If you get raised then call.

Sent
08-31-2004, 03:12 PM
I would bet out the turn and call a raise, you have outs to a FH or a better straight.

-Sent

zram21
08-31-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet out the turn and call a raise, you have outs to a FH or a better straight.

-Sent

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't value the outs to a better straight as much at all. The best he can hope for if an 8 comes is to split the pot 3 ways.

The full house outs and the case 7 are plenty to call though.

Sent
08-31-2004, 03:17 PM
Yeah it doesnt really count that much because any 9 beats him etc, if a spade then there is a flush. Could count it as like 1 out maybe.

-Sent