PDA

View Full Version : $25 NL hand for review

krazyace5
08-31-2004, 12:16 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($25)
UTG ($5.72)
Hero ($55.60)
CO ($21.85)
Button ($26.63)
SB ($59.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to $3</font>, Button calls $3, SB calls $2.75, BB folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($12.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, Button folds, SB calls $5, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($27.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $13.85 (All-In)</font>, SB calls $13.85, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $47.6 (All-In)</font>, SB calls $33.75.

River: ($136.55) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $136.55

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 9h 7h (straight, ten high).
Hero shows 2c 2s (three of a kind, twos).
CO shows Kd Ad (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins $136.55. </font>

schwza
08-31-2004, 01:23 PM
pre-flop: fine, only because the SB is in there with a big stack.

flop: i'd bet. you check, which is fine, and the CO bets and SB traps, perfectly trapping the SB with your raise.... except you just call. i'd want to get a lot more money in there in case anybody's drawing or they're married to a K.

turn: given that you called the flop, i like the check. now you really can get SB trapped in the middle. but man, you're gonna feel awful if it's checked through and a heart hits. definitely get the money in here.

notice that in the end, you never really charged the SB enough to draw. the SB never made a mistake (he's paying just slightly too much to draw if you take the turn bet and raise together, so he would have been very slightly better off folding to the original $14 push on the turn), which is a sign you should be betting more when you have the goods.

dmk
08-31-2004, 01:25 PM
If you check the flop, you need to c/r all-in. Otherwise, bet out the pot.

SpiderMnkE
08-31-2004, 01:42 PM
I bet out on this flop and try to entice the king into a war. If you do check, I think you should checkraise the flop enough to knock out any draws.

If it were heads up I can see the check/call check/raise on the turn if the turn card isn't scary.

dmk
08-31-2004, 01:46 PM
I prefer betting out as well, you get raised often enough by Kx to get all-in on the flop anyway.

Trainwreck
09-02-2004, 06:34 AM
It's good to be SB, he had a wicked draw...

As a result you got the shaft, typical wipeout hand for someone...

Been there done that...

&gt;Trainwreck&lt;

fimbulwinter
09-02-2004, 03:51 PM
gotta bet out weak here and pray for a raise, because

1. it lets the K raise you
2. it doesn't let the draws have free cards
3. it lets you know if anyone has any interest in the pot - you want to build a pot people will get married to when you're sitting on a monster like a flopped set on a non threatening board.

that said, you played deceptively and, had the drawer missed, you'd have stacked AK (who was drawing near dead after the flop) and tripled up. bad luck, but +EV for sure.

dmk
09-02-2004, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that said, you played deceptively and, had the drawer missed, you'd have stacked AK (who was drawing near dead after the flop) and tripled up. bad luck, but +EV for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deception only goes so far. The problem w/ the way hero played this hand is that the SB always had odds to make a call. *ALWAYS* If hero bets the flop and gets raised by CO, its likely the SB is making a -EV move by playing on. Also, if Hero c/r all-in SB will not have odds to call.

You have to make a play at this flop.

Wayfare
09-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Betting $8 will get any king to raise you and charge a draw. I think I would go 50/50 betting 8 and 12 here, depending on what opponents I had. If I got raised I would call and just push the turn making it look like a bluff.

Sorry this hand didn't work out.

fimbulwinter
09-02-2004, 07:40 PM
yes, he did give odds, which is why i suggested other means in my post. however, he didn't royally screw this one up, because if he thought the guy had just a straight or just a flush draw, he was doing fine and might have lost AK to some super aggro play (remember that AK is his cash cow, the draw still has pot equity, AK has none). i usually play this much more aggro, and inretrospect, he messed it up, but betting out, especially at a super tight/passive table, might cost him more in the long runif that's his read on the table. yes, he made a mistake, but not a huge one and not a normal one (SF draws aren't standard faire).