PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a new favorite player

M2d
08-31-2004, 11:08 AM
as teenaged as this sounds, EC sounds like a real standup guy (a "right gee"? maybe I've been reading too many pulps?)
I've always liked the way he plays the game, and this article makes him look like a good guy off the field too.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2004/08/31/SPG0A8H3SE1.DTL

hutz
08-31-2004, 01:36 PM
I don't think it's teenaged at all to have a player or players you respect above others. Much like you appreciate EC, Lance Berkman is one of my favorite players because he is skilled, humble, and plays hard.

ThaSaltCracka
08-31-2004, 01:45 PM
I'll take Vlad any day.... Wanna fight?????

M2d
08-31-2004, 01:53 PM
to a punk in a bar
"you want to fight, my friend?"
"sure"
"Ok, let me go get him"

I think I have to go with Chavez on this one. seems like an "any means necessary" kind of guy if it gets down to it.

ThaSaltCracka
08-31-2004, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seems like an "any means necessary" kind of guy if it gets down to it.

[/ QUOTE ] what if they need a HR and the only viable pitch to hit is one that bouces 6 inches in front of the plate? Who would you take then?

M2d
08-31-2004, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what if they need a HR and the only viable pitch to hit is one that bouces 6 inches in front of the plate? Who would you take then?

[/ QUOTE ]
you got me there. I think Vlad's idea of a good, hittable pitch is one that isn't a pickoff.