PDA

View Full Version : when to admit there could be a monster out there?

Noodles
08-31-2004, 10:48 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: noodles is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.00.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, noodles calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO folds, noodles calls,i didnt want to raise ,wanted a few more in with me but now it seems dumb as there is a 2 flush on board,i shoulda raised here right?BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">noodles raises</font>,ok i woke up to the flush possibilities so wanted to charge those drawing , UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>,ok i think "dont fear the monster he would have to have exactly KT to beat me and most wouldnt 2 bet this on the flop <font color="CC3333">noodles caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (32 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">noodles raises</font>,ok here i think i should have just called after all he is still betting into me after i capped the flop, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, noodles calls, MP1 calls.

Right i totally over played this,also should i have 4 bet the flop to charge the flush draws? I feel now i should have

Final Pot: 41 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 41 BB, between MP1, MP2 and noodles.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (41 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows Kc Ks (one pair, kings).
MP2 shows Kd Th (straight, king high).
noodles shows Td 8d (straight, queen high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 41 BB. </font>

bisonbison
08-31-2004, 10:53 AM
Right i totally over played this,

Uh, sorta. Don't worry too much about it.

should i have 4 bet the flop to charge the flush draws?

4 bet the flop cause you have the second nuts and a bunch of callers, there are a lot of cards that could kill your action even if you're still ahead.

I'd call the river bet.

Noodles
08-31-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks,totally overcooked that bird alright /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
So the guy that 3 bet his nut str8 he was playing correctly because of the 2 flush on board?

Richard Berg
08-31-2004, 11:26 AM
He played it correctly because taking people's money with the nuts is good.

bpb
08-31-2004, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right i totally over played this,also should i have 4 bet the flop to charge the flush draws? I feel now i should have

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't charge the flush draws on the flop here. With that many callers, they easily have enough pot equity to cap if you don't. You want to 4-bet the flop to charge 2-pair, top pair and overpairs.

When someone bets into you on a river blank after you cap the turn, it's a clear sign that you are in trouble. Go for the overcalls.

Noodles
08-31-2004, 11:56 AM
ok but say there wasnt a coordinated board,mwould it be better with the nut str8 to just go for an overcall to lure people in?