PDA

View Full Version : AK suited, lay it down?

jah0550
08-31-2004, 10:20 AM
Last night on Party. $10- 9 handed. Blinds t30. UTG folds. Hero(825) is UTG+1 with Ah,Kh and calls. Two folds. MP(600) min raises. Two folds. Button(900) calls. SB(770) calls. BB folds. Hero raises to 150. MP1 goes all-in. Button calls. What should Hero do here?

Dominic
08-31-2004, 10:34 AM
that mini-raise by the MP and then the all-in smells just like AA or KK...the other all-in could be anything from a smaller PP to AK...you are getting roughly 2-1 on your call, though...the only hand you really don't want to see is AA...I really think the Button and you have the same hand....to me, it's a toss-up...if you know the players and feel you can outplay them, fold and look for a better spot...if you want to gamble and almost triple-up...not a bad spot for it...you either are the chip leader or you're out and you can start a new one!

ThingDo
08-31-2004, 10:35 AM
I would have raised the hand to begin with, I think it makes the hand much easier to play. That being said, now that you've limp raised and now someone has pushed on you and someone else has called you can easily fold this hand this early in a tourney

unfrgvn
08-31-2004, 10:55 AM
I agree with Dominic, if MP is a good player he will have Aces or Kings in this spot. I don't really have a problem with you limping with AKs but if you're going to do that you shouldn't have re-raised his min raise. I would have called and seen if a bunch of hearts came on the flop. By my calculations you are getting 2.7 to 1 on the call, calling 540 into a pot of 1470. If you and the button both had more money I would call in the hopes I could take the rest of his stack even if I lost the main pot. Since that is not the case I think I would fold and look for a better spot. But then I probably play too tight.

mscott2374
08-31-2004, 02:06 PM
I think it depends on whether you think that you have a big enough of an edge over your opponents to be able to come back after laying this hand down. I you feel they are better than you then it might be worth a gamble.

I would fold here

SmileyEH
08-31-2004, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party. $10

[/ QUOTE ]

call.

-SmileyEH