PDA

View Full Version : do you switch tables just because the cards are killing you?

golgo13sf
08-31-2004, 09:57 AM
or put it this way, an example from last night:

Playing 3 table .5/1 at Party, 2 tables are doing well, the other, all my good hands were getting crushed, and I was getting good hands, can't even complain about those. I flopped sets 7 times, winning 1 of those times. I typed into the chat jokingly how this table was going to be the death of me after back to back AA/KK hands were beat, and someone said I should switch tables. But the game was too good, passive players, no pre-flop action, 6-8 to a flop, 4-5 still in by the river.

So do you switch tables when the cards aren't going your way, or do you hang around if the game is good?

pudley4
08-31-2004, 10:18 AM
I'll only switch if it's affecting how my opponents play against me. If previously weak or passive players start playing back at me because they think I'm on a cold streak, it can make the game tough enough that it's time to leave.

Cleveland Guy
08-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Do you expect the cards to be better at the other table?

I don't think moving because your not getting cards is a good reason. I have taken tough beats, like that, but the cards will come around, and you'll start winning on your sets, flushes, etc.

However, if you feel your table image is shot, because of your play it might be time to go to another table.

Or take a break so you don't go on tilt.

golgo13sf
08-31-2004, 10:32 AM
Well, I hung around and ended up losing at the one table, my cards stayed good, but by the river, everyone elses was better /images/graemlins/smile.gif I just couldn't leave though, the game was too soft, of the three tables I was playing it was by far the best one, and I don't think anyone there was observant enough to notice my table image, since I don't play any different winning or losing, I still hammer out at them with top hands.

I didn't go on tilt, its tough to go on tilt while multi-tabling, too much other stuff going on to pay too much attention to any one table.

Well, just curious as to what you guys do.

submariner
08-31-2004, 11:05 AM
no

LeapingGnome
08-31-2004, 03:11 PM
I will usually only switch because of the players. I multitable as well and if I'm down at a particular table and there is a strong player or two on there I just switch to another one, there are so many tables at Party, there is no point in staying at a table say where you can make 3/100 when at another you can easily make 5 (just an example).

benfranklin
08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So do you switch tables when the cards aren't going your way, or do you hang around if the game is good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not usually, but there are several reasons to do so. One is to just take a break and get away from it all for a few minutes. Another is if it is obvious that stronger or more aggressive players are not respecting your bets.

Another thing that can happen is that you get personally involved with the game and/or an opponent. Like when some moron sucks out on you on a couple of hands, and you start pushing your luck, going up against him when you know you shouldn't, figuring he is playing rags. Even morons get good cards sometimes. Put him on your buddy list and look him up another time.