PDA

View Full Version : starting hand strategy for high stakes home game

08-22-2002, 08:48 PM
I play in a high stakes home game twice a week. The betting structure is rather odd and the game is extremely loose(forget about bluffing for the most part).There are no blinds but every hand there is a 40 dollar ante.You can check before the flop,but in 2 years of playing in this game I've never seen a free flop.The game is generally 5-8 handed.The betting structure is 40-200 on any street.The game is dealers choice ,hold 'em is the most popular but we also play 7 stud,omaha, and draw(anything to open or win)but the ante is always 40.Most of the bets are at least 100,any time someone bets 40 it's generally a monster.Any

advice on starting hands for any of the games greatly appreciated.Thanx in advance.

08-23-2002, 01:51 AM
If I've ever heard a better definition of a no foldem Holdem game I can't think of one.

I do believe that if one were to stick to S&M groups I to IV they would probably do real well in the Holdem Games. In Stud it looks like any pair will do (small ones should be live). Plus throw in live flush draws and big and medium straights maybe even some smaller ones with two flushes. Omaha - well I mean after all you do get four cards don't you. Play a little tighter than your tightest opponent and you got it. Draw - If you can Draw 5 go for it if Sklansky is playing.

Vince

08-23-2002, 03:59 PM
better play alot more hands than normal.If you play too tight sounds like the antes will eat you up