PDA

View Full Version : Befuddled!

3rdEye
08-31-2004, 08:19 AM
I can't think of a better forum for this post; feel free to direct me to one if it exists.

Yesterday, I was playing a board game called "Battle of the Sexes." My buddies and I were on one team, and a group of girls we hang out with were our opposition. The idea of the game is that the women ask the men questions that women should know the answers to, and vice versa.

One of the "Male" questions was, "In Poker, which hand is better: 1) Full House; 2) Straight; or 3) Four of a Kind?"

One of the girls is a chick that plays in our home game S&G's on a regular basis. The other girls knew this, so they relied on her for the answer. I was fairly surprised that her *confident* answer was, "A straight, definitely."

She wasn't even drunk. This baffles me. How can this happen?

Michael Davis
08-31-2004, 08:32 AM
The correct move was to accept that answer and play more home games.

-Michael

3rdEye
08-31-2004, 08:52 AM
Micheal,

My instinct is to follow your advice.

Khern
09-01-2004, 12:13 AM
maybe she was advertising.

-John

Demana
09-01-2004, 01:44 PM
I think it is time you started playing strip poker with them /images/graemlins/cool.gif

LinusKS
09-01-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The correct move was to accept that answer and play more home games.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking you do that & you're in a world of hurt next time she gets a straight and reaches for the chips.

cnfuzzd
09-01-2004, 05:23 PM
i would just like to point out that this is not the game your two groups should be playing, unless there is alcohol involved. How does this game every result in mass orgy? Remember, game selection is KEY.

peace

john nickle

3rdEye
09-01-2004, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is time you started playing strip poker with them /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That should've been the first thing that came to my mind.

3rdEye
09-01-2004, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would just like to point out that this is not the game your two groups should be playing, unless there is alcohol involved. How does this game every result in mass orgy? Remember, game selection is KEY.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, there certainly was alcohol involved, but, unfortunately, no mass orgy. Perhaps next time.

Louie Landale
09-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Good point. Hero needs to get his priorities straight ..err.. correct. Hero is wondering about ridiculing the "chick" when there are greater EV opportunities abounding.

Its like having a mid-pocket pair and wondering how likely you are to improve, when determining how likely you are to have the best hand has massively more EV associated with it.

- Louie

top2pear
09-02-2004, 05:59 PM
If the phrasing of the question was simply "Which hand is better?" then how she defines "better" might explain her astounding answer. Perhaps she answered it emotionally, as in, "I feel better when i've made a straight than a full house of flush." Maybe she answered it from a profitability perspective in NL holdem where hitting the nut straight with JT on a AKQ rainbow flop stands to win her a lot more money from the preflop raisers than she would win having flopped the nut full house or flush.

If the wording of the question was more specific, however, like, "Which of the following hands has the highest rank in the card game of poker?" AND if she's otherwise an intelligent person who also seems to play poker rationally, then her answer must be the result of . . . LOVE: she clearly loves you, man, and your presence befuddled HER.

3rdEye
09-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Lots of hilarious responses to my original post. Thanks, everyone.

Louie Landale
09-03-2004, 01:28 PM
This is a great response.

andyfox
09-03-2004, 01:56 PM
In dealing with women, men have been befuddled, asking "how can this happen?" since Adam met Eve.

I can offer no answer.