PDA

View Full Version : Republican Convention Moments

Cyrus
08-31-2004, 06:19 AM
· Most touching slogan: "Corporations are people too".

· Solidarity award: "Standing up for Israel is standing up for America. I can't separate the two," Michael Bloomberg, New York mayor.

· Most elaborate flip flop: "I was involved at one time in bisexuality, but it was God that delivered me from that." Donnie McClurkin, Republican Gospel singer performing before President Bush's acceptance speech.

· Most innocent man in New York: "So what's the parade for?" Doug Isaacson, a delegate from Alaska asked the cab driver referring to Sunday's anti-Bush demonstrations. When the cabbie told him it was to protest at Republicans like him, he said: "Me? But they don't even know me!"

GWB
08-31-2004, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
· Most elaborate flip flop: "I was involved at one time in bisexuality, but it was God that delivered me from that." Donnie McClurkin, Republican Gospel singer performing before President Bush's acceptance speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

So overcomimg one's addictions, bad habits, or mental illnesses is now considered a flip-flop?

I, for one, am proud of overcoming the demon drink. Call it a flip flop if you will.

http://freeconservatives.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/votebush.gif

Cyrus
08-31-2004, 06:37 AM
· Percentage of Republican membership who are black : 1%

· Percentage of black convention speakers : 10%

· Percentage of evangelical Christian delegates : 33%

· Percentage who are former Democrats : 28%

· Percentage of delegates who have never been to New York : 16%

Sources: Nation Journal, New York Times, New York Post

Zeno
08-31-2004, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Me? But they don't even know me!"

[/ QUOTE ]

A perceptive comment, and quite true.

Just shows that Republications are much smarter than you give them credit for.

Four more years.

-Zeno

Rooster71
08-31-2004, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

· Solidarity award: "Standing up for Israel is standing up for America. I can't separate the two," Michael Bloomberg, New York mayor.

· Most innocent man in New York: "So what's the parade for?" Doug Isaacson, a delegate from Alaska asked the cab driver referring to Sunday's anti-Bush demonstrations. When the cabbie told him it was to protest at Republicans like him, he said: "Me? But they don't even know me!"

[/ QUOTE ]
My personal favorite is "Corporations are people too". If only people would understand what is best for them. It is interesting to note that Republicans mention God and religion at every opportunity and are pro-big corporation. Yet the entire country was founded on the basis of separation of church and state, and corporations and big business are not even mentioned in the constitution.

For all of you literalists out there, I am fully aware of what is considered separation of church and state. I am simply pointing out the irony. Republicans must predicate the majority of their party persona on religion because very few people would consider voting Republican if they were to present their "real" party platform.

Zeno
08-31-2004, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just shows that Republications [sic] are much smarter than you give them credit for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, did I step on my tongue or what? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

-Zeno

Cyrus
09-01-2004, 01:56 AM
"Just shows that Republications are much smarter than you give them credit for."

I see.

Well, four more years is right - no matter who gets elected.

whiskeytown
09-01-2004, 02:07 AM
My favorite is McCain making his comment about Michael Moore, and there's Michael Moore up in the press booth (as a reporter for USA Today reporting on the convention) - taking in the love of republicans and flashing them the universal signal for "Loser" - - the L

that was hilarious...just cause MM got such a kick out of it... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

whiskeytown
09-01-2004, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a great movie that just came out, called the Corporation.

they take the premise that if the corporation is a legal entity, what kind of entity/person is it (since it has legal rights as a person)

and the writer/filmmakers examined how a corporation works, how it only serves itself with no regard for others, how it demonstrates a continued willingness to disobey the law to further it's own ends.

It turns out the Corporation is a perfect fit for all the classic six symptoms of a Psychopath. - /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A much deeper and heavier movie then F9/11 - don't go see it if you have the IQ of a Republican...it uses too many big words for you. Stick with doing stuff cause God told you to.

RB

andyfox
09-01-2004, 02:14 AM
"I, for one, am proud of overcoming the demon drink."

Yes, but I doubt you'll mention that at the convention. Had McClurkin been a Democrat, I doubt Kerry would have let him off-handedly mention his bout with bisexuality at his stage-managed coronation.

BTW, watching the faces beneath your vote Bush sign, it's uncanny: they're really saying "Vote Bush." Bravo.

astroglide
09-01-2004, 03:09 AM
"Standing up for Israel is standing up for America. I can't separate the two"

lol! somebody actually said that?