PDA

View Full Version : HU vs CDC

bakku
08-31-2004, 05:47 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)
CDC is playing his A game, not getting too LAG

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(CDC)</font> 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CDC bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CDC 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CDC checks, my action?

jrobb83
08-31-2004, 05:53 AM
I would check and call a bet on the river unless you improve. CDC knows you are trained to value bet everything. I also don't think he would simply give up the ship after 3-betting the flop.

bakku
08-31-2004, 06:27 AM
I forgot to mention that UTG+1 is very loose, the whole table has been isolating him whenever there was a chance to.

Brian
08-31-2004, 08:32 AM
Hi bakku,

Bet the Turn, fold to a check-raise. Pot is ginormous but if he's check-raising anything less than a set on the Turn, I'd be surprised given the action thus far.

-Brian

Chris Daddy Cool
08-31-2004, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the Turn, fold to a check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

given the way i'm known to overplay hands, i would think bakku would have to call a checkraise anyways, thinking he still has outs or may still be ahead

BigEndian
08-31-2004, 09:04 AM
How's about we just call CDC down instead of getting into a peen waiving match. By your line you give him the chance to fold if he decides you might atually have a hand (and he 3-bet you with 88 for example) or you make an assload for him when he actually made a hand. If has a gut shot or an OESD, let him bet it.

If you just call on the flop and he CRs the turn, then you have a real decision and can probably let it go waiting for a better spot to crucify him.

- Jim

sfer
08-31-2004, 09:08 AM
Looks like a checkraise setup. Check the turn, call the inevitable river bet. I would have preferred call-call-calling.

bisonbison
08-31-2004, 11:04 AM
Bakku, the key to beating CDC is to flop an overset. And yeah, I think you have to check this through.

bakku
08-31-2004, 06:34 PM
Believe it or not, CDC 3-bet the flop out of position for a free card. We have a lot of history playing HU and he knows one of my weaknesses is checking the turn against him with marginal holdings cuz I'm afraid of him c/r'ing me. CDC is capable of c/r'ing with absolutely nothing here as well as a made hand. I checked the turn, CDC got his free card but missed, he bet the river, I called and took it down against his unimproved AK.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-31-2004, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Believe it or not, CDC 3-bet the flop out of position for a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call it a reverse free card play. I do it quite a bit against thinking players who really want to value bet but hate getting checkraised.

spamuell
08-31-2004, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I call it a reverse free card play. I do it quite a bit against thinking players who really want to value bet but hate getting checkraised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's why I initially disagreed with Brian's post because I thought to myself "I could so see CDC having AK here", but the question is, would you dare c/r it on the turn? I bet you wouldn't, I think Brian is probably right here.

But, I don't know the history between Bakku and yourself, although I'd guess it's a lot about ridiculous amounts of aggression.