PDA

View Full Version : A routine hand? How'd my opponent play?

08-22-2002, 02:09 PM
This hand was in a 10-20 game. It was just about the best game you (or at least I) could ask for. A nice blend of calling stations, passive players, and over aggressive players.

On the hand in question I'm in the BB with 8s8c

UTG+1 is a player that I don't know very well, but have always thought is a very strong player (SP).

UTG+2 is Super Calling Station (SCS). My strategy against him is to value bet just about anything on the river heads up with him because he will find a way to call with incredibly weak hands.

LP is a tight but predictable woman (TPW).

UTG limps, SP limps, SCS limps, TPW raises. It's folded to me, I call as does everyone else.

5 players see the flop for 2 SBs each.

Flop: 3c 4s 5h

TPW has never raised preflop then checked behind everyone. I plan to checkraise her and try to clear out the limpers, killing as many overcards as possible.

It's checked to TWP, she bets and I check raise. SP and SCS both call. SPs call worries me a bit.

4 of us see the turn for 9 BBs

Turn: [3c 4s 5h] 3s

I bet and SP folds. SCS of course calls and TWP folds.

River: [3c 4s 5h 3s] Ac

I bet and get called by TWP. My 8's are good.

I think my play was pretty routine, but after the hand SP told me he had 77. What do you think of his play? Maybe he was going to check raise the flop himself until I did, who knows. I think he had a pretty easy call on the turn though.

Thoughts?