PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Quads with KK - how do I extract the most bets?

kingele
08-31-2004, 04:59 AM
3/6 passive/tight table at Commerce, KK in the BB (hero)

5 players call (most action in a while), SB folds, BB (hero) raises, all 5 call.

Flop KK5 rainbow

Should I check here and give a free card/see how the action develops or bet out

Michael Davis
08-31-2004, 05:06 AM
Bet. You're expected to bet anyways, you raised preflop, so nothing unusual.

Nobody expects anyone to bet when they flop trips or quads. Fastplay them and you will be rewarded.

If you are bet into, that's the time to get passive.

-Michael

Bob T.
08-31-2004, 05:07 AM
I bet, raising, then checking looks suspicious, and might kill your action. Betting out looks like the natural way to play your hand regardless of what it is, so it is the most likely way to get additional action. Also especially at the 3-6 live level, there are a lot of players who will take one off on the flop regardless of what they hold, and by checking, you will miss out on the calls that they would have made.

jediael
08-31-2004, 07:20 AM
Just betting here seems to be the best option.
A check-raise attempt might get checked through and even if it works it might drive players out.

Joe Tall
08-31-2004, 08:23 AM
Bet and dont' worry about it.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

Chris Daddy Cool
08-31-2004, 08:26 AM
bet. checking just looks funny.

M50Paul
08-31-2004, 08:28 AM
I am beginner and had Aces in the hole 2-4 limit 10 to table. I was in the small blind. I rasired on pre-folp, everyone folded excpet button. Yes, two more aces on flop. I checked, button checked. Crap card turned I bet button folds I win $8 second best hand ever. Had staright flush 5-9 spades won $20, Seems like the better the hand the less money or more likely I have an incerdible tell eyes fall out of my head. Who knows

kingele
08-31-2004, 12:40 PM
I kind of panicked when I saw that flop and immediately checked since the action was on me and I didn't really know what to do. Gets checked all the way around, turn puts a 2nd /images/graemlins/club.gif on the board.

I bet, get one caller, rest fold.

River is a 3rd /images/graemlins/club.gif, I bet, lone caller raises. I pause for a little dramatic effect before 'reluctantly' 3-betting. He calls, I flip over my kings to reveal quads and the dealer nearly falls out of her chair lol /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

TheHip41
08-31-2004, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just betting here seems to be the best option.
A check-raise attempt might get checked through and even if it works it might drive players out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are going to c/r quads on the flop?? That can't be a good idea, can it??