PDA

View Full Version : Funny Norman Chad WSOP quote

SinCityGuy
08-31-2004, 04:55 AM
Gus Hansen folds A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif in an unopened pot.

Chad: "I don't think this is Gus Hansen -- it must be a body double."

What are some of your favorite Chad quotes?

TheBull
08-31-2004, 05:11 AM
I find him pretty funny, but one of the good ones from last week was after Mike The Mouth hit a miracle river to take a pot and started dancing....

"I hate that I lived to see this".

jaydoggie
08-31-2004, 06:06 AM
no one likes his "my exwife" jokes?

Ryner
08-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Not even Chad likes those jokes.

Cleveland Guy
08-31-2004, 09:06 AM
Right after the dance by "The Mouth" they go to a shot of Brunson raking in his chips and Norman said something like
"That's Doyle's victory dance"

Funny on so many levels.

MDBLakers
08-31-2004, 11:27 AM
After Mattias Andersson won with pocket aces he started breathing heavy. "What is this a Lamaze class?" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

msk
08-31-2004, 11:57 AM
I assume that all the funny lines were cut in later, but who knows, the guy may be really funny.

The best by far was when Doyle Brunson wins a pot from Scott Fischman, and David Plastik says to SF "when you writing your book?" ...

Chad says: "Any book from the Crew will be a coloring book"

So funny. It's too bad the crew are so colorful, and ESPN likes them so much, since Boyd is a scumbag con artist.

Mark

Walter Pullis
08-31-2004, 12:41 PM
My favorite:

In last year's WSOP, someone was reaching for chips with wired rags. Chad said: "Is this guy going to bet with cards the Salvation Army wouldn't take?".

DougBrennan
08-31-2004, 05:55 PM
My favorite was after a shot of a round-faced woman wearing sort of squared-off wrap-around sunglasses, when Chad commented that "She's channeling LaVar Burton."

chesspain
08-31-2004, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My favorite was after a shot of a round-faced woman wearing sort of squared-off wrap-around sunglasses, when Chad commented that "She's channeling LaVar Burton."

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife also liked that line the best.

mostsmooth
08-31-2004, 07:22 PM
last year amir vahidi trying to bluff farha, there was a quick string of comedy, i cant recall them word for word, but something to the effect of "this is the equivalent of a poker dui","the poker police are going to come arrest him", and "his best move would have been to go take a phone call and drop his cards off in a trash can"

daryn
08-31-2004, 07:37 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I assume that all the funny lines were cut in later, but who knows, the guy may be really funny.

The best by far was when Doyle Brunson wins a pot from Scott Fischman, and David Plastik says to SF "when you writing your book?" ...

Chad says: "Any book from the Crew will be a coloring book"

So funny. It's too bad the crew are so colorful, and ESPN likes them so much, since Boyd is a scumbag con artist.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate chad and find him unfunny, but i let out a small laugh at this one.

08-31-2004, 09:52 PM
"if these guys were playing miniature golf, they'd lose their ball on the windmill hole"

i lol'd

screw "the crew"
08-31-2004, 11:33 PM
"Lon, if they had the rabbit cam on my marriage, I knew I would have made it past the honeymoon."

dabluebery
09-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Best Chad quip EVER was tonight....

When a player gets frustrated by someone, the player said "I shouldn't have let you see this flop," or something. Chad goes....

"Yeah, and I shouldn't have married a woman I met at Jiffy Lube."

He really has grown on me. Looking back, I'm not even sure why that's funny. But I couldn't stop laughing.

Rob

Tuds75
09-01-2004, 01:30 AM
About "the Crew's" Resevoir Dogs-ish promo:

"Why don't these kids walk on the sidewalk? What is this West-Side story?"

Also about Danny N's mom: "Jeez Lon, When I asked my mom for dinner; she would give me directions to the drive through"

Only funny because I can relate.

- Tuds

NNH
09-01-2004, 01:37 AM
LOL. Yeah it's not even that funny, but it still had me laughing.

Justin A
09-01-2004, 02:08 AM
My favorite also.

Justin A

atomicbran
09-01-2004, 03:03 AM
I like his definition of a Mike Matusow blowout, where he "takes off his shoe, shoots himself in the foot, takes off his other shoe, shoots himself in that foot, and then takes both injured feet and puts them in his mouth."

SinCityGuy
09-01-2004, 05:13 AM
"You don't want to give Phil Ivey more chips. That's like giving Charles Manson the keys to your house."

Trainwreck
09-01-2004, 05:15 AM
'Yeah, and I shouldn't have married a woman I met at Jiffy Lube.'

edited it after seeing full text above...

&gt;TW&lt;

Odder
09-01-2004, 05:28 AM
....Norman Chad, as Phil Hellmouth is talking to Doyle Brunson and Chad says, "Doyle has that "Has he left yet?" look on his face"

laughed my ass off on that one

Ed Miller
09-01-2004, 06:34 AM
Looking back, I'm not even sure why that's funny. But I couldn't stop laughing.

It was perfectly timed. It was the funniest thing he's said yet... I busted out laughing.

WiredPear
09-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Something like:

"You know it's bad when even your mother knows you're in trouble."

cab4656
09-01-2004, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
....Norman Chad, as Phil Hellmouth is talking to Doyle Brunson and Chad says, "Doyle has that "Has he left yet?" look on his face"

[/ QUOTE ]

Cut to a shot of Chris Ferguson.

"And here's Chris Ferguson, who is in a better position than Doyle... because he doesn't have Phil Hellmuth standing over his shoulder."

WDC
09-01-2004, 10:10 AM
In college I once whined to my mother that all the other kids were getting cookies from their mothers. Two days later I get a 2/3 full package or oreos in the mail. Now that was funny.

JARID
09-01-2004, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"And here's Chris Ferguson, who is in a better position than Doyle... because he doesn't have Phil Hellmuth standing over his shoulder."

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth is stranger than fiction and it is also more funny.

-Jarid

corn_dogg
09-01-2004, 03:54 PM
The best I have ever heard him say is, "I play both checkers AND twister." Forget what he was actually referring to but, had something to do with 2 types of games or something like that. This one really got me laughing pretty good.

gergery
09-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Anything where his mouth is shut and silence is coming from him.

WC64
09-01-2004, 04:26 PM
It was when they were talking about Chris Ferguson swing dancing and playing poker and I believe he said I am like Chris but I play checkers and twister. Or something like that.

cockpit
09-01-2004, 04:59 PM
"he's probably writing - seat number one is a jerk."

Wasn't the funniest line he's said, but for me it was the best

Beavis68
09-01-2004, 05:39 PM
My fav was some like, "isn't that the pot calling the kettle black"

when the Mouth told that guy with 88 not to do anything stupid. I laughed so hard throughout that whole episode.

West
09-01-2004, 05:56 PM
I'd still go with his line from last year when he said about somebody who either was about to be knocked out, or had just lost a lot of chips, "he looks like he's ready for a cigarette and a blindfold." I think he tried to reuse this line though.

jwvdcw
09-01-2004, 06:59 PM
great thread. I started one similar a few weeks ago and only got responses telling me how much they disliked Chad.

Toro
09-01-2004, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gus Hansen folds A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif in an unopened pot.

Chad: "I don't think this is Gus Hansen -- it must be a body double."

What are some of your favorite Chad quotes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Help me here. What was the one he said about how young some of the players were and proving they ever had a shot whiskey or something. Nevermind, I always forget the punch line of a joke half way through telling it.

nolanfan34
09-01-2004, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was really funny, because he said the line just as I was thinking the same thing. Doyle looked totally uncomfortable, like he just knew Phil had no reason to be there besides getting on TV again.