PDA

View Full Version : Is this correct thinking? Which hand?

theredpill
08-31-2004, 02:43 AM
Posted this at another board and no wants to answer me so here it goes:

You got two people in and you (total of 3). Someone just raised before you and its your turn to act. The guy that raised is in late position. The flop is

Ad Qh 8c

Which hand do you think would do better given the factors? Forget about pot size this time.

Qs 7h

or

Ac 7h

If the guy is raising, wouldn't there be a high probability that he has an Ace. Thus, wouldn't a lot of your Ace draws be counterfeit. If the guy has an Ace, and he hits another card for 2 pair, your top pair, Aces, would lose. Or, if he has any kicker higher than an 8, you lose since you share the queen. If another Ace hits, you would probably lose that 3 of a kind since he probably has you beat.

The guy is less likely to have a queen and a 7 therefore if you happen to hit a 7, you could win with 2 pair. Or if another queen hits, you probably got him there since he could have 2 pairs, Aces and queens but you'd have 3 queens. Or if running 7's hit on the turn and river, you'd beat him with 7's full of queens and he's only have 2 pair Aces and 7's.

Therefore, I'd rather have the Qs 7h . Although, I'd never play it since it isn't on any of the Starting hand charts. But, anyone have the same opinion or different one ?

pistol78
09-01-2004, 02:02 AM
I probably wouldn't be limping with any of these 2 hands.

Rudbaeck
09-01-2004, 08:25 AM
If I for some god forsaken reason misclicked and entered the pot with either of these crap hands I'd prefer the A7o.

There is a real chance the pf raiser raised with a pocket pair other than aces. If he had one ace and a kicker that is better than mine but not a king it might very well be counterfeited before the river. (The board pairs and his kicker is below queen, thus giving us a split pot.)