PDA

View Full Version : DavidRoss inspired me....

BobboFitos
08-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Just now in the 20 + 2 PS NLH tourney...

I had over 10k, chip leader at my table, blinds 100/200. With AJ I made it 600 to go, BB limit raised it back to me, and I moved in, thinking he was on a resteal. (He had 3K+) Anyways, he called with 44, and won, so I was down to 7k.
That sets up the following hand.

A few minutes later, mr 44 had lost all but 700 of his chips, (to another opponent) and blinds are up to 75/150. I find myself UTG with 22, and limp; I have the chips to do so. This guy moves the rest of his money in, and the button, who has me covered by about 100, just calls. The blinds fold to me, and I move in instantly, "inspired by Davidross." (So much dead money, I wanted to be 1 v 1 vs this guy)

However, he called with AKs.

My friend chided me for making such a reckless play with so many chips at this point, but I feel it was the right play. Comments?

Results will follow shortly.

Nottom
08-31-2004, 01:39 AM
I don't like it.

BobboFitos
08-31-2004, 02:04 AM
Yeah, in retrospect, it was really stupid of me.
He had AKs, and I won, yet I dont think it was the right play.

If there was more dead money in the pot I think it would've been better, but the stack relationships didn't pan out. Although I won the hand, if I could go back in time, I would just call and seen a flop.

Im still in the 20, about to make the money, if I'm in it later I'll let all the enthusiastic 2+2ers know about it...

Garland
08-31-2004, 02:27 AM
When you have many more times the BB, are chip leader with no threat of blinding out and are threatened by another big stack who can take you out, you don't have to tangle. I think the move would make more sense if he had perhaps no more than half of your stack and has shown the ability to fold to a massive reraise because you seriously need him to fold his hand as he either has an overpair or combined both hands you're going against 3 or 4 overcards. You have to be able to threaten his tournament life too.

I think button made a mistake by not trying to isolate himself with AKs...or maybe he was setting you up, who knows?

Garland

BobboFitos
08-31-2004, 02:37 AM
When you have many more times the BB, are chip leader with no threat of blinding out and are threatened by another big stack who can take you out, you don't have to tangle. I think the move would make more sense if he had perhaps no more than half of your stack and has shown the ability to fold to a massive reraise because you seriously need him to fold his hand as he either has an overpair or combined both hands you're going against 3 or 4 overcards. You have to be able to threaten his tournament life too.

I think button made a mistake by not trying to isolate himself with AKs...or maybe he was setting you up, who knows?

Garland

You are absolutely right; thank you.
I didn't beliebe he would just call with AA or KK, and therefore I didn't think he'd call my all in as well.
The point of this was it was too much risk (the rest of my 7k) for too little reward (approximately 1.3k) I got lucky and happened to surpass 15k on the hand, but... it was dumb

whiskeytown
08-31-2004, 02:44 AM
don't blame dave for that move.....he's smarter then that...LOL -

seriously....you're playing like it's the final table and it's miles to go....slow down a bit in these spots.

and put your PS name up so if we want, we can come sweat ya... - (Now I looked it up...Zelijostocko - for everyone else...but move quick...he's short stacked and needs a hand fast.)

RB

BobboFitos
08-31-2004, 03:01 AM
Finished 24th. Lost KQ to AJ. I didn't have folding equity, I was in the BB, but I figured it was the best spot I was going to get, and if I folded in the BB, I wouldn't have enough chips to really move anyone off any hand...

patrick dicaprio
08-31-2004, 08:51 AM
isnt 22 a slight dog here?

Pat

ZeeJustin
08-31-2004, 12:10 PM
Your play is awful. You had 2 decisions on this hand, and both are easy folds.

soxfan70
08-31-2004, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had over 10k, chip leader at my table, blinds 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A few minutes later, mr 44 had lost all but 700 of his chips, (to another opponent) and blinds are up to 75/150.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worse than pushing with the dueces is the format of this tournament!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

davidross
08-31-2004, 02:20 PM
Yikes, I don't want to be held responsible for this.

I think the 2 situations were very different. First let's assume you can get it heads up, I was getting about 7-1, you're getting about 3-1, and it's quite possible 22 is more than a 3-1 dog against the all-in guy.

Second, in my hand I had 2 players calling a very small raise against a desperate short stack, You have 1 player calling a pretty sizable raise (5 BB's), I don't think he has JTs or A2.

If you are very confident the button will fold (I was almost positive my 2 players will fold) then the play is borderline at best. Given that your read was wrong, I thinkyour play was reckless. I hope your 2's held up.