PDA

View Full Version : KK- party 3/6 hand for review (i am weak)

MarkL444
08-31-2004, 01:10 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.66 BB

On the turn I was stupid enough to put him on a set of queens or AA. On the river I gave him credit for the ace, not wanting to have to call a 3bet. After the hand I realized that there were few hands that would be strong enough to check-raise the turn and bet out the river. A /images/graemlins/heart.gifA, or A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ are the only two that make sense to me.

So really my question is where did i mess up the most, the turn or the river? Or should they both have been raises?

DonWaade
08-31-2004, 02:34 AM
IMHO you have to raise. There is only one card that can beat you. You are putting him on only two hands. AA and AQh. He likely did not have AA or would have capped the action pre-flop. AhQx might be what he had, but how can you put him on that? Raise.

nepenthe
08-31-2004, 04:25 AM
All fine, but raise the river once.