PDA

View Full Version : Do you nutbar?

Fishlips_Jones
08-31-2004, 12:35 AM
It was a quiet evening some days ago when I logged on at Partypoker. I decided to play a little $0.50/$1.00 limit hold’em, as my bankroll is still tiny. I bought in for $50.00, and played ‘solid’, like the books say. After about 3 hours, I was down to my last $15.00. People were hitting two outers…cracking by big pairs with hands like 9,3 off suit. I was livid, frothing at the mouth…I was on TILT.

Well, since I was tilting, I might as well tint wisely. So I decided to NUTBAR my table. For those who don’t know about nutbar, we have Daniel Negreanu to thank. Nutbar is, raising every hand preflop, and then playing correctly from the flop onward.

I caught a flop or two early, and was able to sustain my bankroll through 5 rounds of nutbar. I could feel the hate coming through my monitor. It was when people started calling me names that I decided to take some of the pressure off. I would play early positions normally, like the books say. Middle and late positions would be nutbar time.

After about 90 minutes, I recouped all my losses and logged out with a $3 profit.

My question is this. Did I stumble into doing something correctly or did I just get damn lucky?

Thanks

bisonbison
08-31-2004, 12:37 AM
or did I just get damn lucky?

ding ding ding.

mrjetguy
08-31-2004, 01:19 AM
MY guess is that you got very lucky and were playing against players that didn't know how to deal with your tatics (not suprising at .5/1).