PDA

View Full Version : KQo Hand

PaultheS
08-31-2004, 12:15 AM
UTG+2 in this hand loves to call with ace high or any piece of the board. Preflop raise okay? Check the turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.25 BB, between UTG+2 and Hero.</font>

mrjetguy
08-31-2004, 01:17 AM
The PF raise is good, and I like your flop bet. But I doubt that you have the best hand unless UTG+2 is a total fish. There aren't any apparent draws, so he likely has A high or a pair since he is a calling station I would slow down on the turn and check.

SoCalPat
08-31-2004, 01:31 AM
If you're going to bet the turn, betting the river is an absolute must. It's probably the only way you'll win this hand, and getting hands like A-high and bottom pair to fold isn't out of the question -- although based on your read, maybe it's not with this particular player. By checking the river, you're almost guaranteed not to win this hand.

cjromero
08-31-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm with Pat. Given that you were heads up, you should bet the river after betting the turn and hope that he folds his A high or bottom pair.