PDA

View Full Version : Mirage 10/20

elindauer
08-30-2004, 11:54 PM
I just got back from a Vegas trip, and was amazed at the terrible play in the Mirage 10/20 game. This game featured a number of players playing any 2 suited, and at one point one guy decided he'd play every hand, regardless of position or number of raises in front of him. Beautiful.

For the most part my hands played themselves, but this one stuck out as a tough turn decision. What do you think?

Mirage 10/20, 10 handed. Two limpers to me. I raise w/ A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Button and CO cold call, the blinds come along, as do the limpers.

Flop (12 SB): 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me. I consider checking but decide that there's enough chance I'm ahead, the pot is big, and a number of hands that have 6 outs against me may fold. I bet. CO folds, everyone else calls. Now, these players are loose, but they're not stupid. This many players to the turn is somewhat unusual, and I'm pretty sure that there must be a nine out, and probably a heart draw as well. Everyone has slowplayed trips all day. I'm mentally done with the hand.

Turn (8 BB): A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Those slowplayin' bastards! I just improved to a second best hand! Argh.

Checked to me. I check. Button bets. SB check-raises. UTG calls 2 cold. It's on me.

What to do?

Thanks,
Eric

TheHip41
08-30-2004, 11:59 PM
I'd probably fold. The chances no one has a 9 aren't great, add this to the heart you have to fade, it's not good.

Derek

Bob T.
08-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Ditto.

sfer
08-31-2004, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This game featured a number of players playing any 2 suited, and at one point one guy decided he'd play every hand, regardless of position or number of raises in front of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got to meet Chris Daddy Cool?

I'm assuming the game texture is passive, a la the East Coast and not LAGish, a la California. If so, I mucka da hand.

elindauer
08-31-2004, 05:27 PM
Glad to see there isn't too much debate on this. I mucked, the river was K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and the button took it down with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. A turn call would have won me the pot, but I think folding this suspect draw is best, especially since I'm not closing the action.

Thanks.
Eric

Ralph Wiggum
08-31-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A turn call would have won me the pot

[/ QUOTE ]
Button has a flush, you would've had 2-pair.

elindauer
09-01-2004, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A turn call would have won me the pot

[/ QUOTE ]
Button has a flush, you would've had 2-pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw crap. I screwed this post up right good. The turn was the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Sheesh. I suck. I was a bit surprised that everyone thought it was such an easy fold... Does this change any opinions on the turn?

Thanks,
Eric

Ralph Wiggum
09-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Another correction:
[ QUOTE ]
Mirage 10/20, 10 handed. Two limpers to me. I raise w/ A J . Button and CO cold call, the blinds come along, as do the limpers.

[/ QUOTE ] I count 2 limpers, 2 coldcallers, 2 blinds, and you. That's 14SB on the flop.

And 10BB on the turn...[ QUOTE ]
Aw crap. I screwed this post up right good. The turn was the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif .

[/ QUOTE ] You should have bet, and called down any raise. I still would have called the 2 bets. You now have the 3rd nut flush draw, and you have 2 Aces also to draw to.