PDA

View Full Version : QQ in middle position against aggression

JEM7VSBL
08-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: JEM is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">JEM raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">JEM raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, JEM folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

was the BB's turn bet after my flop raise enough to fold here, or should i have called down? i put him on 2 pair on the flop....weak fold? i know btspider was at this table with me, maybe he has some thoughts. BB was pretty passive from what i saw.

cjromero
08-31-2004, 08:31 AM
Assuming BB is a decent player, I wouldn't put BB on two pair on the flop. Given the straight draw potential, I would have expected him to 3-bet on the flop if he had KT.

Absent a strong read, I would probably fold on the turn, as you are likely drawing to 2 outs, one of which could give him a straight or a flush if he is on a draw.

cdriver
08-31-2004, 08:43 AM
do not fold..bb could have many hands you can beat..Axs diamonds..JTs ect..even T5 2 pair gives you 5 outs (3K and 2Q)..call down with this hand

zuluking
08-31-2004, 08:47 AM
Do not fold.

helpmeout
08-31-2004, 09:03 AM
Unless you have a good read on BB then I'd fold.

There is no flush draw and an openended straight draw would need a Q which is highly unlikely since you have 2 of them.
BB is betting because he has a K.

If you want you can call and hope for a J or Q on the turn and then fold but you dont really have enough callers for that.

zuluking
08-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Okay, I'll probably get flamed here but....

After thinking about it, I would have raised him on the turn.

btspider
08-31-2004, 11:12 AM
The button had 75o here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My final stats on the BB was 11 VPIP and 4 PFR and 2.10 AF after 100 hands (18 postflop hands).

His VPIP from the SB was 8% (1 in 12).

I would not have had all this handy mid-session, so I'd probably just call down, especially since its heads-up. I think he'll have a weak K here more often than not, but this guy seemed to just bet out when he had something (reviewing some hands now) and fold when he didn't. He only lost more than 1 SB twice in 100 hands.