PDA

View Full Version : JJ in the BB

08-21-2002, 04:53 AM
10-20 game. MP limps. Decent LP limps. Very loose SB calls. I just call with JJ in the BB.

Flop comes 9h8h2s. SB bets. I raise. MP mucks. LP 3 bets. SB calls. I call. 3 players.

Turn comes Qd. SB bets. SB will bet here with a Q or with a drawing hand. What should you do? The flop raiser has yet to act behine you.

I'll post the result later if anyone is interested.

08-21-2002, 10:08 AM
Fold. you have the late positon player who 3 bet the flop behind you. If the small blind would bet a queen or a draw you are probably beat by at least one of your opponents. With that action someone could easily have J10 Plus you may get raised behind you.

You dont mention if you have the jack of hearts or not. the late position player could even have Jh10h.

Jay

08-21-2002, 05:30 PM
60 views, but only 1 feedback on how to play this hand? Cmon, you guys can do better than that. /images/wink.gif

I'll post the final result if I can get 4 more feedbacks.

08-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Fold. Best case you have 4 outs. Likely case you have a couple of outs to split the pot. Worst case you are drawing dead to J-10 and KhJh.

08-21-2002, 07:33 PM
I am with both Stamford and Ulysses, muck those jacks like an underpair. Although loose, the player in the SB is willing to bet on the turn into you and the good player, who showed considerable agression on the flop. Ask yourself this -- what would you be willing to bet out with, with that board, considering the agression shown on the flop? Personally, I might have a hard time betting out with two pair. The SB could be betting with JT, Q9, Q8, or some other strange combination. They may have been betting overcards on the flop, and caught on the turn. In any case, you are caught between the SB and the LP player, and probably at least one of them have you beat at this point. I have a hard time considering a jack on the river as an out, because it puts a one-card straight on the board, although with only two opponents this still may be an out. Additionally, to seeing the river may cost you two or more big bets if the LP player raises. Fold'em.

08-21-2002, 08:09 PM
Slight correction. I guess the best case is you could have 6 outs, though I think a third jack is much more likely to just lose you more money - especially if it's Jh.

08-22-2002, 07:14 AM
Raise. I can't believe others are telling you to fold just because an over card hit the turn and you were three-bet on the flop. I would have four-bet the rascal.

Best of luck. Billy (LTL)