PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4 Should I have played this differently?

Prod1gy
08-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) - No real reads on any players except the button appears to have loose raising standards.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

David BB
08-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Not much else you could do. Looks fine to me.

MAxx
08-30-2004, 10:21 PM
looks good to me too

adamstewart
08-30-2004, 10:33 PM
I agree. There's a strong chance you are beat by on over-pair, or a higher kicker. There's also the chance the raiser has been betting something like AK or AQ all the way.

By the river, the pot's just too big to give up on. To call the river bet, you only have to win more than 5.6% of the time to show a profit.

TheHip41
08-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Just want to comment. I really really like the flop bet. You know the pre flop raiser wants to raise this, so you get to charge all the draws 2 bets to continue. You also might get a hand like A-5 to fold, so they can't suck out on you.

As for the rest of the streets, you are either way ahead, or way behind, so check calling seems to be the best option. Let him bluff his chips away if he has AK/AQ

Derek