PDA

View Full Version : Final table play

steph16mtl
08-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Live tournament. I made it to the final table. 9 players, all in the money. Am short stacked. Raises have been respected for most part and 2 all ins have survived. Am one right of the button with A8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I do not have enough to survive 2 blinds but i'm in a position where i can wait out a little. Button has triple average stack, SB seems to be even with me, BB have average stack.

Do you fold here and wait or push all-in in hopes to steal or win in heads up.

Lafortezza
08-30-2004, 08:30 PM
I'd push in this situation.
If everyone fold, you win the blinds. You might get called by the button if he's loose and thinks this is a chance to knock you out with a hand like K10, which you're a favourite over.
The blinds will likely fold unless thay have you beaten, but they'e not to know you have just an A8 suited. They might fold better hands than your.

If your chips are low then this hand might be the best you're going to see.

fnurt
08-30-2004, 08:44 PM
You are in the cutoff with A8s, right? Easy push.

davidross
08-30-2004, 09:10 PM
I go all-in if it's folded to me, if there is action in front of me it's an easy fold. I'd rather push all-in with 72o being first in, than call a bet with A8s.

eMarkM
08-30-2004, 09:42 PM
I push with a lot less than this.

La Brujita
08-30-2004, 09:45 PM
I haven't read the other responses but if it was folded to me I raise in a New York second.

steph16mtl
08-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Well i'm glad all agree to my decision to move in. My only problem was the button re-raised all-in with AKo and was called by the SB with JJ. The K hit and I finished 8th as the SB had less chips.

Thanks for your opinions.

Steve