PDA

View Full Version : Question for Europeans

spydog
08-30-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm making my move from the US to Ireland next week.

Do any of the poker sites offer cashouts in Euros?

At Party Poker I can have my cashouts go directly into my bank account. Can you do the same with a European account?

How did you make your deposits (US dollars, Euros, Pounds)?

Feel free to private message me if you don't want to post particulars or if you have any advice for me.

daveymck
08-30-2004, 06:57 PM
First question is Northern or republic of Ireland as the currency is different.

Party is doing cash back to switch accounts which can be gotten through UK banks so if in Northern that is the easier option not sure about in the republic.

But any bank takes any currency cheques so at worst you can get a neteller account get a US cheque and for a fee it will be converted, in the UK you generally dont get a fantasic rate but there is not charge ie its the conversion only.

Best bet if doing reguler cashouts is to get the neteller debit card.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-30-2004, 07:42 PM
NETeller does AFT. Just because your account is listed in US dollars doesn't mean that's what gets transferred into your account. You will receive the equivalent in whatever currency your account uses. Irish Punts, in this case.

Lafortezza
08-30-2004, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irish Punts, in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]Irish Punts ceased to exist as legal currency about 3 years ago. Its all Euro these days.

Make sure you check out the Fitzwilliam Card Club in Dublin, or The Macau in Cork if you're there.