PDA

View Full Version : Help me get more bets on flopped trips

Mons
08-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks.

River: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

The correct play should be:
Flop: Check raise.
Turn: Bet
River: Bet

Good to go?

bisonbison
08-30-2004, 06:19 PM

Flop: Bet.
Turn: Bet.
River: Bet.

Wasn't that fun?

Piiop
08-30-2004, 06:22 PM
I would bet out on the flop. Most of the players will call with very little, and sometimes they just don't believe you have a T. If the flop was checked thru, that would suck and you can't rely on someone to bet. Also, a check-raise would shut out some people who might call 1 bet.

Since you check-called the flop, I would bet out on the turn.

Number4
08-30-2004, 06:32 PM
I agree with the other two - bet, bet, bet.

Entity
08-30-2004, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: Bet.
Turn: Bet.
River: Bet.

Wasn't that fun?

[/ QUOTE ]
Damnit, you beat me to it.

These players won't fold if you scream: I HAVE TRIPS, AND I'M BETTING TO PROVE IT!

In fact, they'll probably raise, just to prove that you don't have 'em.

Rob