PDA

View Full Version : NL hand for review

ZManODS
08-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Im kinda new to NL so im wondering about some comments on my preflop call. Most importantly, how was my play postflop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (10 handed)

UTG+1 ($9.50)
UTG+2 ($5.95)
MP1 ($84.40)
MP2 ($13)
Hero ($63.35)
CO ($54.30)
Button ($66.55)
SB ($18.75)
BB ($25.65)
UTG ($15.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, UTG+2 calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $3</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $3.

Turn: ($16) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP1 calls $10.

River: ($36) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Flush didnt come, but i dont know if he was drawing to that or not. Horrible turn call if he was. Whats your action here?

BobboFitos
08-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Flush didnt come, but i dont know if he was drawing to that or not. Horrible turn call if he was. Whats your action here?

Would he have called your turn bet with just a pair of 9s? (when ace hit too)

If he was in fact on a draw, he's not even going to pay the minimum. (Ok, ok, maybe to see what you have)
If he had the nut flush draw, Axc, he however might pay off a nice bet thinking top pair is good.

He could have 56, but I'm assuming he wouldn't check it twice (turn and then river) so I think it's safe to say you do have the best hand.

He could also have T8 or 68 and wont even pay to see your cards. (Perhaps /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

I wouldn't doubt any of those hands betting out on the flop, (well, thats a reach, out of position on a semibluff like that... But it's party poker...) so as you say, how much to bet. Pot is 36, he has you covered, why not bet 1/2 the pot? He probably will call you with an ace. It's unlikely he'll call you with more. Ten high or King high or whatnot wont pay off anything. Bet half.