PDA

View Full Version : Proceeding against 2 Pre-flop raisers

08-20-2002, 04:05 PM
15-30: I've been playing with the same cast for a couple hours now. I've been pretty tight pre-flop with my raises in EP and MP but pretty aggressive in LP. Don't know if my opponents have noticed the distinction.

I raise in MP 1st in with AA. Cutoff 3 bets. BB 4 bets. Cutoff is typical tight/aggressive. BB has been pretty straight forward, only raising her big hands. Will only check-raise a big hand and no real tricky plays.

I 5 bet. Comments on the 5 bet?

Flop comes K Q 3. I didn't pay attention to suits because it was rainbow.

2nd Question: How do you proceed with the hand?

If you bet and are raised on the flop and called by the other is it check-call time?

If you bet and are called by both on the flop what's the best option for the turn?

A blank came on the turn BTW. I would like to post the hand-results when I get back to my computer tomorrow so it doesn't bias the responses.

thanks in advance,

Jamie Collins

08-20-2002, 04:23 PM
When the BB 4 bets I think you are better off just checking and calling. It's not like you have any reason to protect your hand right? If I was playing in Nevada I would seriously consider folding. No kidding.

If I bet bet the flop and was just called in two places I would probably check the turn.

08-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Watch out for the Big Blind. Against one player, it’s easy don’t bet! Two players it’s tricky. Play it too wimpy and you may end up folding the best hand. Play it too strong, you’ll lose more than the 3 to 3.5 big bets, you should lose post flop, with the worst. Would the cut-off try to isolate you with 77, 88 99? Would he auto bet this flop? What would the Big Blind 4 bet with? AK? Aqs? JJ? TT? Just AA, KK, or QQ? Try to get the turn checked around.

08-21-2002, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Now for the ugly part. I was over 95% sure one of them had KK or QQ so I decided to invest as little money as possible after I saw the flop.

Flop: check, check, check

Turn: check, check, check

River(another blank): check, I bet, fold, fold

So much for being 95% sure of my read.

I guess my confusion stemmed from the fact I've never been 3 bet and then 4 bet by a different player after I had raised with AA.

I was more looking for a general course of action and the responses have helped.

Thanks,

Jamie

08-21-2002, 06:15 PM
Is the reason you would just call the 4 bet pre-flop that you want an opportunity at some point to raise post-flop?

And it was Nevada (Bellagio). At what point would you consider folding? With this much money in pre-flop, I think I would only consider folding if the board was double paired paint.

Jamie