PDA

View Full Version : Party Jackpot

WDC
08-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Just getting back into playing online after almost a year.

I just started this weekend and played 2-4 at the badbeat tables. I found the pre-flop play looseer than I ever anticipated. I think I saw more flushes and straights hit because people were playing any two sooted cards that might make a straight. Seemed to be a very good game to make some money one because everyone was so passive waiting fpor the jackpot possibility.

My question is do you think that if these tables will be more profitable in the long run even considering the extra $.50 taken out for jack pot? Is the play that much worse than the regular 2-4 tables?

nothumb
08-30-2004, 04:48 PM
When the jackpot gets big there is some crappy, crappy play at these tables. It definitely goes back and forth, though. 2/4 is the lowest limit where table selection gets important IMHO - there are some regular 2/4 tables that are at least as good as jackpot ones when it's big, but you do have to look for them.

My default line at 2/4 is to join one table with a decent average pot size and then start looking around for other good ones while I fold.

NT

WarmonkEd
08-30-2004, 04:51 PM
I've noticed the games are often looser. The 0.50 extra rake still sucks, but it might actually be worth it.