PDA

View Full Version : Rant

radek2166
08-30-2004, 04:21 PM
This has happened twice today.

I was just playing at Pacific 1/2. The fish of all fish is playing showing 425 dollars.

Shes raiseing everything preflop rasieing everything post flop showing down with anything 72o, 104s, 34s. It does not matter. Then some idiot starts berateing her play.

Just incredible. Dead oney waiting to be taken and mister I read Phils book has to start talking crap.

So guess what she does.

You got it she leaves.
Once again the moral of this story is KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

Let them raise everything let them suck out on you. If you must vent vetn somewhere thas not going to make them leave.

DavidC
08-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Hear, hear!

cnfuzzd
08-30-2004, 05:22 PM
no, the moral of this story is to be the fish's best friend. Defend her, adamantly. Talk about all the books youve read that say any two can win. The hands you see the pros playing online. How its her money, and she seems to have a lot of it. Ask her what she does. Get her talking to you and whenever someone else says something negative, call them choice names instantly. The last time i was in tunica, i saw a nice lady drop four grand in a 10-20 game over several hours. She was very nice, very drunk, and very into ordering more drinks, for everyone. Some of the regulars, rocks to a person, were upset with her. I think one guy was on the verge of physical violence with me because of my defense of her. She even bought me lunch. Usually these people are relatively wealthy, and dont mind losing whatever they are losing. They want good times and good friends. Let them buy you a drink. Do whatever, just make them think you are their friend, and GOD DONT LET THEM LEAVE

peace

john nickle

peace

john nickle

nolanfan34
08-30-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, the moral of this story is to be the fish's best friend. Defend her, adamantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. People are much less likely to leave when others are sticking up for them. You might even drive the rock away.

When the table coach throws out his suggestions, I say things like:

- He/she plays a different style than you
- I'd play that hand too if I was on fire like that
- Any two cards can win

And of course to put them further on tilt:

- You're just mad you got beat

Don't just sit there silent though. Like cnfuzzd said, a lot of times people like to feel they're at the table with a friend.

radek2166
08-30-2004, 05:49 PM
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

helpmeout
08-30-2004, 10:48 PM
I only play 0.25/0.50 at pacific but I have seen this as well.

You get someone raising every hand preflop and the smaller fish start crying. Saying they only raise with AA or that raising preflop is dumb etc.

Then the maniac preflop raiser goes into their shell and leaves soon after.

Guess I should speak up.

Nottom
08-30-2004, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure if this really fits in with this, but the other day I had a table coach who decided since berating the fish didn't work that he would simply take his entire time on each action until the offending fishies left the table.

Any thoughts on what to do here, or is that just out of my hands?

Sidekick
08-31-2004, 12:32 AM
The only two things I can think of, and both are pretty petty, is to 1) report him to whatever site you happen to be playing on as this action is probably offending EVERYONE at the table or 2) make a note and the next time this person sits at the table with you, do the same crap to him.

Neither of those options sits very well with me, but I can't really think of any other actions that you could take against him. Taking all his money would be nice justice, but the cards usually don't work so that you get to take just the offending player's cash.

bisonbison
08-31-2004, 12:34 AM
2) make a note and the next time this person sits at the table with you, do the same crap to him.

Ugh.

Sidekick
08-31-2004, 12:53 AM
I said I don't like either of those options. Option '1' seems the 'proper' route, but I still don't like it. Option '2' just plain stinks IMO, but if someone is willing to get others ticked off at them to get back at someone... /shrug

I've seen people do worse things. Personally I just pick up my chips and go find another table or log off for a while.

My apologies if it appeared that I was advocating either of these things as good options. I'm just tired right now and posted before I thought things through.

SoCalPat
08-31-2004, 01:05 AM
There was a player there who would do the same ... wish I could remember his name ... but he would stall while giving full discourses on why the other player made a bad play, etc.

I've been known to tilt here and there online, and I have no problem acknowledging that it's an area I'm always working on, but this guy was waaaa-aaaayyyyy over the top.

Nottom
08-31-2004, 01:32 AM
Nah, this was on party.

The guy flat out said what he was doing. He usually didn't even talk while he was sitting there, he just sat there and wasted everybodies time. As soon as the player that sucked out on him left he went back to normal. I would have left except the "table coach" was one of the main reasons I was at the table.

MicroBob
08-31-2004, 04:16 AM
I don't think there's much you can do about a staller. Telling him to knock it off might encourage him to do it more.
Up to you whether or not you want to stay at the table.
Maybe you can convince everyone to sit-out....but I don't know what that would accomplish.

Regarding the original situation....definitely defned the fish.
However, it's worth pointing out that unless the fish was responding in the chat-window there is a decent chance they didn't see the comments in the first place. The Pacific Chat-window is kind of weird and a lot of players don't turn it on at all. Possible she just left on her own (unless you have evidence to the contrary).

I really like the line about "playing those cards if I was hot like that".
I have had a couple of coaches tell their fish that they would be better off playing Fxxxing Bingo!! (or something like that).
Here's my chance to chime-in and say how much I like Bingo.

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-o!!!
I love Bingo!!!!
Hoo-ray for Bingo!!!

as ridiculous as possible ideally.
Gets others at the table to laugh while sometimes shutting-up the idiot coach AND letting the fish know that everything is okay and SOME of us at least are just there to have a good time.

I suggest that any variations on this sillyness theme may be worth exploring when you find yourself trying to keep the sore-losers from scaring your favorite fish away.