PDA

View Full Version : Two questions from a 2+2 n00b

Kosstic518
08-30-2004, 04:00 PM
First off, I would like to know what is the best site to use if I am only going to be playing play money online. Secondly I would like to know which site has the most 2+2ers on it. Thanks.

Kosstic518

unfrgvn
08-30-2004, 04:17 PM
I think Party Poker probably offers the most free money tables. I will warn you that if you are trying to play to get experience most of the play money player treat their money like it is, well, play.
I haven't been to Poker Stars in a while but they were offering daily free roll tournements that play a little more like the real thing, but still on the loose side. Some other site was offering 25$ in tournement cash that you could use to play 5$ tournies. I beleive anything you won you got to keep or at least play out.
This site seems to be a pretty even split between Poker Stars and Party Poker with the third most popular probably being Ultimate bet.

kmprsdrm
08-30-2004, 05:22 PM
dont waste your time on play money. you wont learn a thing. if your bank is limited, many sites offer micro-limits. absolute offers micro sng's which will give you plenty of play for little dough.

poboy
08-30-2004, 08:34 PM
If you aren't going to play for real money I don't think it matters where you play. Personally I think you'd be wasting your time, play money poker is nothing like real money poker. There are sites where you can deposit as little as $20 and they offer a wide variety of micro-limit games while you learn. As for your second question, I think most prefer Party. However I would avoid any 2+2'ers until you got a little more experience. JMO

La Brujita
08-30-2004, 08:44 PM
My two cents are if you want to play for play money play for play money. Poker is a game after all and some people just play for fun-absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think Pokerstars has the best software so I suggest playing there.

Party and its skins probably has the most players from this site, Stars is probably second.

Phill S
08-31-2004, 06:16 AM
trouble is stars doesnt have play money tourneys (other than freerolls, but dont quote me on that one).

i think that play money can be a valuable learning tool, but you have to stop thinking of it in match stick poker. if you can win consistantly, it shows you can think about the process of the game in its entirety, without onsidering the 'cash' involved.

play the play money games, try UB, they seem pretty good, slightly less maniacish than party. trust me, ive seen it before. give it a month and youll be dipping your toe into the real money games.

Phill